JRM curious
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all things Jonathan Rhys Meyers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

At swim two birds

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gaja

gaja

At swim two birds Empty
PostSubject: new movie ?   At swim two birds Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 8:25 pm

Upcoming Flix Spotlight: Brendan Gleeson’s At Swim Two Birds

March 16, 2012 by rtm

Since tomorrow is St. Patrick’s Day, I thought I’d highlight an upcoming Irish film starring actors and this one has been on my radar for some time, thanks to my Cillimaniac friend Novia

This project is actor Brendan Gleeson’s passion project he’s been working for quite a long time. And according to my friend Stella’s @ Byrneholics, Ireland’s Cultural Ambassador Gabriel Byrne announced that Gleeson has secured funding for the movie, yay!

Mr. Byrne himself is to be a part of the most awesome Irish ensemble cast ever! I mean we’re talking the who’s who of Irish cinema (most of whom are in my Top 10 Irish Actors list ):
From top left: Byrne, Gleeson, Cillian Murphy, Colin Farrell, Michael Fassbender, Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Most of those actors have worked with Gleeson in various films. Gleeson’s son Domhnall (Bill Weasley in Harry Potter Part 7) has also been cast.

Whew! This is one of those movies that I’d run to the theater just for the cast and of course the Irish scenery as it’s likely to be filmed there.

The premise itself sounds intriguing. Here’s the book description from Amazon:

A wildly comic send-up of Irish literature and culture, At Swim-Two-Birds is the story of a young, lazy, and frequently drunk Irish college student who lives with his curmudgeonly uncle in Dublin. When not in bed (where he seems to spend most of his time) or reading he is composing a mischief-filled novel about Dermot Trellis, a second-rate author whose characters ultimately rebel against him and seek vengeance. From drugging him as he sleeps to dropping the ceiling on his head, these figures of Irish myth make Trellis pay dearly for his bad writing. Hilariously funny and inventive, At Swim-Two-Birds has influenced generations of writers, opening up new possibilities for what can be done in fiction. It is a true masterpiece of Irish literature.

Gleeson told Collider whilst promoting The Guard last August that “It’s one of the funniest and most anarchic novels I’ve ever read… It’s a great book but it’s kind of unfilmable in the way that the book was unwriteable.” But he confirmed that he’s got the script and so it’s just a matter of time for this project to be underway.

So how close to filming is this project?

“Well, fingers crossed, we’re trying to stitch it in this year. All things are going well but we’re not quite there yet. We’re hoping to be there in the next month or two to where we put a start date on it,” Gleeson said (via Irish Central)

Mr Gleeson himself has been quite prolific lately, starring in three films in 2011: The Guard, Albert Nobbs, and The Cup; and also in Safe House and The Raven in 2012.

Anyway, I absolutely can’t wait to hear more about this one and hopefully filming does happen this year and all the cast above will be involved! I might even pick up Flann O’Brien’s book sometime this year, it sounds really intriguing and funny.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

At swim two birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: At swim two birds   At swim two birds Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 4:49 am

This has been the dream of Gleeson for a long time, whith this dream team of Irish actors. It will also be a dream, if he can gather them all together one day. Well, we can dream too, right? sunny
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

At swim two birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: At swim two birds   At swim two birds Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 1:48 pm

A few years back Jonny was already rumoured to be up for this movie, but he himself denied having been part of this. So, I don´t know if Jonny will be in this movie. But, who knows, maybe things changed.

I haven´t read the book, but am very curious about this movie. Like the author of that article said: you'd run to the theater just for the actors in it.

Great cast, indeed, if Gleeson can get them all.
Back to top Go down
trufa

trufa

At swim two birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: At swim two birds   At swim two birds Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 12:35 pm

I don´t know what happen with this movei but I think that Jonny won´t be in it. I think that his last behaivour perhaps have influence in some things and at the end Michael Fassbender( that for me is like an artichoke in his expressions and acts in the screen Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect No No No No No Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad ) take the role that perhaps was to Jonny...Is normal becuae Fassbender won the Volpi cup last Venice Festival for his performance in Shame (I don´t know if you see that movie if yes please tell me why he won the prize??) and this is a credit, and publicity... good publicity...
Back to top Go down
Editha171071

Editha171071

At swim two birds Empty
PostSubject: Perhubs a new Movie with Jonathan?   At swim two birds Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:57 pm

I have found it at Facebook.

http://irishecho.com/?p=72664
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/editha.herrmann
trufa

trufa

At swim two birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: At swim two birds   At swim two birds Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 6:51 pm

Editha171071 wrote:

Editha I merge this message in other thread of the board where we talked about "At swim two birds", also I try to change the name of the thread because is New movie and perhaps it´s not clear.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

At swim two birds Empty
PostSubject: At swim two birds   At swim two birds Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 8:12 pm

This is the former topic 'new movie?'
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

At swim two birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: At swim two birds   At swim two birds Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 8:20 pm

Editha171071 wrote:

They keep mentioning Jonny for At swim two birds, but I am still very s eptical that he is going to be in this movie. Ever since he was mentioned for it, he has said not to be involved. Of course things might have changed, but I am not convinced. I think the journalists are just lazy and keep writing his name since others did.
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

At swim two birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: At swim two birds   At swim two birds Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 2:41 am

It is a current note, so everything can be, who knows. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

At swim two birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: At swim two birds   At swim two birds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

At swim two birds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
JRM curious :: All things Jonathan :: Films, TV, Theatre-
Jump to: