JRM curious
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all things Jonathan Rhys Meyers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jonny as Dracula

Go down 
+10
Crissie
vegas4
Audrey
trufa
Jellyfish
Editha171071
With Jonathan
gaja
Redstar
Shanti
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Audrey

Audrey

Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:12 pm

Well, I don't believe that story either, believe it is just rubbish. jonny went back to Ireland to bury his grnandfather and back to London to bury his best friend of 21 years. He has said that in interviews, so I guess journalists have used their imagination after that. Or there has been a spurce form someone on set who doesn't know everything and didn't understand him leaving who wanted to get some money and made up a story.

GalaxyLife, i do hope you can find the article with the comment from the NBC spokesperson, as the article from Kyra's link only states that NbC doesn't comment.
Back to top Go down
GalaxyLife

GalaxyLife

PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:04 pm

It was very difficult to find it, since I'm on my mobile phone but I think I found out the article:

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/11/m-jonathan-rhys-meyers-dracula-salary-delayed-over-addiction-concerns.html

It says that Jonny was healthy and sober during the filming (and sorry for the mistake, it wasn't a spokesman, but indeed a "close source"). It also says that he PROBABLY (no one is sure) went to rehab AFTER the shooting. Sooo, no he hasn't drunk during the filmings.
It makes me mad that just because JRM had a troubled past people think he is a junkie/ alchoolic now. He's going through the process and it's not easy to get over it. I think he is a very smart man and he's aware of his past behavior and it is very hard to be judge constantly, I know that from first person. I used to get really depressed and it tooked some time to move on.
Wow, I feel liberating and phychological, and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 9:31 pm

Unfortunately this isn't really different from the original article, just phrased differently, and more politly, I think.

I am sure he still has treatment of some sort, things like this are ungoing processes, but that doesn't mean he has been in rehab again.

I think he did stay sober and still is. Remember the interview at Jonathan Ross? He even said he didn't miss drinking. That he was past that. Why can't people just believe that.
Back to top Go down
GalaxyLife

GalaxyLife

PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 10:50 pm

I also think he's still sober. I saw him at Jonathan Ross and I got a bit "angry" when people said he was coked up. I mean, just because he talked a little fast, suddently he becomes a drug addict. Probably he's at some sort of treatment to acompany his rehab. Nothing out of this world, I think.
-If he ever reads this, Jonny (probably not since he doesn't like computers) I want to tell you that we care about you and we want you to be happy and continue to be smokin' hot, baby! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kyra

kyra

PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 5:45 am

Maybe it is something true in this article, about a treatment and about his salary (I read somewhere that Alec Baldwin had this problem with the salary one time).
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 8:27 pm

The salary thing could be true, yes, I agree. I don't think he necesarily had rehab treatment in house, but he could be kerping up treatment to stay sober, sure. But that is the case with every addict who is on recovery. Why write that and why write he had a meltdown? That is just outrageous!
Back to top Go down
GalaxyLife

GalaxyLife

PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 9:20 pm

That's what makes me loose it. I mean, he's not going to be tormented for the rest of his life over some "mistakes" he did in the past, is he?
Reporters need to move on, they just keep bringing stuff from his past, like he is the worst human being on Earth. When I read some articles sometimes people commemt and I, in my mind, go "Why do they keep judging him? Calling him gay, alcoholic, junkie, racist, overated? That's not nice!" So what if he had trouble on other days? No one has a perfect life, he's no exception!
Any who, I got off subject. I agree with y'all, he must get some sort of follow up his rehab.
Back to top Go down
trufa

trufa

PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 12:25 pm

Agree with you girls! Well said. Drink problems are hard and have a great part of mental health and for this reason is very difficult to continue with you ordinary life when you´ve this problems. But like you said: all "people" that say this "fantastic things" about Jonny are fantastic, very clever, very honest and great persons, and for this reason they write these things in differents comments in the papers or similar. All like to judge the rest and decides what is good and what is bad.... terrible.... Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad 

Galaxylife welcome to the board. I hope that you tell us interesting things and opinions about Jonny.  cheers 
Back to top Go down
GalaxyLife

GalaxyLife

PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 8:05 pm

My pleasure, trufa Smile
I love meeting new Jonny's fans. It get's lonely when your BFF doesn't quite like JRM. She is sick of my Jonny crush. Not that I talk much about him, but when I do I go from Michael Collins to Mortal Instruments and all in between. Smile

Last edited by GalaxyLife on Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 9:52 pm

My husband sometimes gets crazy of me as I always seem to come up with some connection to Jonny in conversations.  Wink I love you 
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 9:55 pm

Btw, GalaxyLife, your profile photo isn't showing, at least not on my iPad. Maybe something went wrong with the download or you might have it posted on your computer and not a public space?
Back to top Go down
GalaxyLife

GalaxyLife

PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 10:45 am

Yeah, I know about that.
Most of the time I post in my mobile phone and yesterday, while my parents were gone, (they don't know about my Jonny interest) I went to my computer to check my profile. I try to upload a picture but then I listened to them knocking on the door, sooo I couldn't verify if the photo uploaded well. Aparently not! Smile
Only my BFF and a close friend of mine in school know about Jonny. There is this one guy in my class who knows JRM (my bff cautiosly asked) because he had seen the Tudors.
I don't know why I don't tell my parents. They know that I watch The Tudors. I watched his other movies in secret. On my cellphone. In english. If you don't know how it's like, it is very hard to uderstand a movie in english without subtitles in portuguese. But I also think that dubbing Jonny's voice should be a crime! I WANT TO LISTEN TO THAT ACCENT! Thank god my english is not that bad. I got an 18 out of 20 in my exam. Smile
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 6:11 pm

My English is quite good. When I was 19 I lived in LA for a bit. I can understand movies without subtitles, but it is so mucph easier with them! Although my husband downloads a lot and the sibtitles aren't always that good. I pcan spot faults, that's how good my English is.
Back to top Go down
GalaxyLife

GalaxyLife

PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 8:42 pm

Yeah, I know.
I had a little bit of trouble understanding what Jonny said in BILB, because of his natural accent, but once I got used to it, it got much easier.
On an off topic moment: One day I was walking on the shore and a canadian woman started asking things in English. Everybody was around, trying to figured out what the lady was saying. I got there and listen to the woman. She said that didn't know where the ATM machine was! It took me, a 15 year old (few years ago) to help the poor lady! Smile
Back to top Go down
JessySAB

PostSubject: A few questions ....   Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 4:56 pm

I got the DVD last week, before I was able to buy the DVD I just a few episodes online, which was really hard.

At the end a few questions came up:

Does Mina ever find out that Alexander is a vampire and I mean not just "a vampire" but that he is Dracula? What will happen when she finds out that she loves a vampire?

Hacker became a Vampire-hunter with Van-Helsing, I cound it strange that he believes it from the first second that Grayson is Dracula, I mean, I'm not sure if he knew about those creatures before?

Van Helsing went insane, first he tried to kill the children of Browning with his hammer, than he remember his own dead children and let it be just to turn them into vampires and burn them with their father???
And he killed Renfield .......

Lucy became a vampire and killed her own mother? Why turned Dracula her into a vampire, because she hurts Mina? Why not killing her, now she is immortal and can be around all the time and become very dangerous for Mina.

Anybody have answers???????
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 9:34 pm

Well, I give it a try.

I don't think Mina knows Grayson is a vampire or that he is Dracula. I doubt she knows of the existance of vampires, but she does know she has a special connection to Grayson, though I think she doesn't fully understand how that works. I don't know what will happen when she finds out. I am sure the writers will surprise us, if the series gets renewed. Wish they would hurry up and announce something.

We don't know if Harker believes immediately what Van Helsing tells him. We haven't seen that, but Harker is angry because he lost Mina to Grayson and already thought there was something strange about Grayson.

Van Helsing just wants revenge. He can't smash the heads of the children because he sees his own children in them. But he can take a better revenge by turning them and have them eat there father. The burning is to make sure these new vampires don't start roaming the streets of London killing other innocent people.

With regard to turning Lucy. Lucy is turned in the book so they are trying to keep this in line with the original story but just slightly changes it, playing with it. Furthermore, you should remember that to Grayson living an eternity is far worse than death. He said before turning her: if you insist on behaving like a monster, i will turn you into one. So, ckearly he thinks she behaved like a monster, and her behaviour was quite cruel indeed.
Back to top Go down
JessySAB

PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 6:02 pm

@Audrey: Thank you for your answers!
I guess that she needs to find out more about Irina and why a man (Alexander) loves and knows a person from centuries ago...I'm not sure if she can deal with Dracula or Vlad the impaler, who was - as his nickname says - a very cruel person. Ok, it's not exactly the historical Vlad but also not very nice and he still has to kill for blood.

Harker seemed at the beginning a nice and a little naive guy but in the last episodes he turned crazy, killing people, not thinking and connected with the order. He had an affair with Lucy ... He also acts like a monster, but Dracula turned Lucy into a vampire, why not killing her? Now she is very dangerous for Mina!

Van Halsing is also very crazy and cruel, the thing with the children is strange, because killing them with a hammer would be much nice than turning them into vampires for killing their own father and than kill them both in the fire. The hammer had been much nicer. However, killing children is the most cruel thing. He is darker than Dracula. And now he wants to kill Dracula and using Harker. Also remember, when he brought Dracula back from his grave he killed this men. He kills and kills and he has no problem with that.

In a second season he is the bad guy, the danger for Dracula, not the Order anymore.

I guess that there exists a script for a second season. Because if a show is a big success they have to continue fast and not after the first season ends working on a new script and than filming, that needs to much time. And the end of the first season did a opening for a possible second season, so there must be something...

But is it good for Johnny to continue with Dracula? When you have all the time problems with the ratings? That it is not so successfully? I love Dracula but I don't know if it is the best for Johnny! Also there are so much we still don't know, what all happened before Van-Helsing brought him back from the grave.... I really want to see that.....
Back to top Go down
GalaxyLife

GalaxyLife

PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 9:38 pm

I think the end of this season left a lot of unfinished business, I supose. So it would make sense if they continue the series.
About the ratings, Friday nights are known for their low ratings. But I think the audience is bigger than what magazines say, because you also have online viewers too. And the ones who record the show, which aparently is most people who watch it. So I think, for the most part, people enjoyed the show.
I am not in Jonny's head, so I'm not sure if he wants to stay in Dracula either. I think it would be good for him. I loved him in Dracula. He is very charismatic and the story keeps me interested (I haven't seen all episodes yet, damn school Sad)
God, I'm a pervet!!!
Back to top Go down
GalaxyLife

GalaxyLife

PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 9:41 pm

I can't stop thinking about Jonny's belly scar... Which is an euphemism for MORE SHIRTLESS SCENES.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 9:43 pm

Rafa, you are a pervert  lol! 

Although, I never mind seeing Jonny shirtless....
Back to top Go down
GalaxyLife

GalaxyLife

PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 10:46 pm

Oh, Audrey!
There's no such thing as too much shirtless Jonny. I should make this my motto. Hahaha Smile
Keep them coming, baby! OMG, I'm feeling stupid right now! LOL
Back to top Go down
kyra

kyra

PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 6:14 am

I must admit I was not very happy with the first 2 or 3 episodes, as I said I am not a fan of vampires movies, but I became addicted to it, in the end. And they definitely let the door open to a new season. And JRM is playing so well this type of characters, beautifull, fascinating and having something so evil too! Like i the other movies, Belle du Seigneur, Matchpoint, Shelter, even Matchpoint.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 9:30 pm

Victoria Smurfit, Who plays Lay Jayne is nominated for an IFTA, Irish Film and Television Award, in case you were wondering. But Jonny didn't get nominated, I heard.

I'll try to found all nominations.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 9:34 pm

List of all nominations for ifta 2014, no other nominations for Dracula. Too much competition I guess.

http://ifta.ie/nominees_2014/index.html
Back to top Go down
GalaxyLife

GalaxyLife

PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 9:54 pm

Well, that's sad to hear. I was expecting Jonny to be nominated, but congrats to Victoria Smurfit!
The other shows are great too. I've heard that the creator/writer of Vikings is Michael Hirst. Isn't he the creator of The Tudors? I think he is.
Maybe next season Jonny wins an award???? *crossing fingers*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jonny as Dracula
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next