JRM curious
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all things Jonathan Rhys Meyers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jonny's quotes

Go down 
+5
gaja
Alara
Shanti
trufa
Audrey
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jellyfish

Jellyfish

Jonny's quotes - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 6:53 pm

I found an old magazine today, I think it's from 2006, and there was a small article with the headline "Without white hat" (with a yumm photo of him, yes Very Happy ). In the article they spoke about his role in Match point and about how often reporters ask him "What do you think why you always get the dark roles in movies?" and his answer was like (I'll do my best to translate his quote correctly Wink )

"It's because people say to me all the time that I look mysterious and thoughtfull. I'm not a guy whom you imagine with a white hat looking at the sunset. I'm, actually, a guy with a black hat waiting for the enemy in ambush."
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:26 pm

I love that one, Jellyfish. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Jellyfish

Jellyfish

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 8:10 am

Audrey wrote:
I love that one, Jellyfish. Thank you.

You're welcome. Very Happy Cool Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
cyborgkitty

cyborgkitty

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 5:20 pm

Jellyfish wrote:

"It's because people say to me all the time that I look mysterious and thoughtfull. I'm not a guy whom you imagine with a white hat looking at the sunset. I'm, actually, a guy with a black hat waiting for the enemy in ambush."

I don't get the "white hat vs. black hat" expression. Like Spy vs Spy? hehe Wink

Is it that he's not a dreamer/optimistic, but rather a skeptical paranoid?
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 6:47 pm

cyborgkitty wrote:
Jellyfish wrote:

I don't get the "white hat vs. black hat" expression. Like Spy vs Spy? hehe Wink

Is it that he's not a dreamer/optimistic, but rather a skeptical paranoid?

Wouldn't really know how to explain it either. It might be a metaphore for optimistic versus pessimistic, perhaps even happy versus tortured/unhappy. And perhaps also just that there is always something bad waiting to happen for Jonny. Konda like the after bad times follow good times, but after good times follow bad times, as he said in an interview (should be in the interview section somewhere).
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 7:17 pm

JRMQuotes tweeted this:
You got to be looking at a different actor. I am not a comedian. You'll never see me doing a comedy, because it will never be released.

Don't know when Jonny said this, but it made me smile. So thought I'd share.
Back to top Go down
Kitty Redford

PostSubject: White hat vs Black hat   Jonny's quotes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 2:04 am

Usually a white hat is worn by the hero who rides off into the sunset while the black hat is worn by the villain who is usually plotting in the shadows or waiting to ambush the hero.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 6:39 pm

The text of this quote is a bit off, but it's a nice quote.

"Many great painters or many great filmmakers who just make funny, happy films or funny, happy songs or funny, happy paintings, they don’t. All the best ones delve into the world of tragedy becasue out of tragedy is beauty." - Jonathan Rhys Meyers (via mikeywayismybaby)
Found on tumblr, reminds me how to love
Back to top Go down
kyra

kyra

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:05 pm

I found an interview from 2009 and I liked this answer:

What's your idea of a good time?

You know what I like to do on a Sunday morning? Clean my house. I really enjoy it; it's my ritual. I require tidiness, actually. I have to have everything spotless before I can relax. It's probably a bit of obsessive-compulsive disorder in me – but it's just part of who I am.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1180855/Question-time-Jonathan-Rhys-Meyers.html#ixzz26f3JTPsB

Can you imagine this? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 pm

First time I read this, I was a bit surprised, but now I am not anymore. He has also said once that it wasn't really higienic (does that exist in English?) at home when he was growing up. Must be a result of that.
Back to top Go down
kyra

kyra

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 4:45 am

He seems so ok in all the interwies, so modest and the perfect man. Looks like another person in his bad times, drinking and abussing people, and sometimes, in some pictures, his eyes look so said.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:45 pm

http://lilacraindrop.tumblr.com/post/34050496403

Check the link for a nice Jonny quote with Photo. Thanks to @fortheloveofJRM at twitter who made and posted this
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 11:23 pm

A beautiful words of Jonny. Thank you. king king king
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:17 pm

Quote from 2006 I didn't know yet. Thanks to JRM Appreciation Group on Twitter for posting it.

“I realise I’m a very lucky person and I’m very grateful for everything I have in my life. I know as soon as I start becoming ungracious, that will go away. If I stop becoming gracious, then I start forgetting who I am, forgetting myself. It’s who I am that’s my most productive facet. I think I’m a mixture of everyone I’ve ever met in my life. All my collective experiences made me who I am at this moment, both the good and the bad.”
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 4:08 am

Audrey wrote:
Quote from 2006 I didn't know yet. Thanks to JRM Appreciation Group on Twitter for posting it.

“I realise I’m a very lucky person and I’m very grateful for everything I have in my life. I know as soon as I start becoming ungracious, that will go away. If I stop becoming gracious, then I start forgetting who I am, forgetting myself. It’s who I am that’s my most productive facet. I think I’m a mixture of everyone I’ve ever met in my life. All my collective experiences made me who I am at this moment, both the good and the bad.”

Beautiful quote from Jonny. He is an intelligent and sensitive man. king king king
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 6:54 pm

Not a quote from Jonny, but he is mentioned. Victoria Smurfit said to Irish Daily Mail:

Johnny [Rhys Meyers] and Katie [McGrath] and myself have a kind of Irish shorthand on the set and we’re often roaring laughing at things that no one else understands.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 5:55 pm

What is it like having Jonathan Rhys Meyers play your dad?

Jonathan is so talented, it ups your game. You know, he intensified all of us and bought new things out of us, especially for Clary's character. He would improve a line when I wasn't expecting it to scare me. It did scare me but between takes he's like "Are you okay? Let's work through this, let me fix your hair". He's a lovely man and he's the perfect choice for Valentine. - Lily Collins
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 6:13 am

Another quote about Jonny.

“There’s something of a wild animal in the performance he does as Valentine. And we could feel it. He brought this new energy to the cast. Jamie walked up to me and said, ‘I’m a bit scared of him.’ And Lily walked up to me and said, ‘He’s great, but I’m a bit scared of him.’ And I said, ‘Yeah, that’s what it’s supposed to be like.’ Great actors, there’s a certain energy field that they create, and we could totally feel [that] with Jonathan.”
— producer Robert Kulzer on Jonathan Rhys Meyers; City of Bones: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion (via linetteherondale)
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 7:13 pm

"I was terrified of him and I wasn't even on the same set!" - Robert Sheehan on Jonathan as Valentine

Had to laugh about this.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:21 pm

http://www.graziadaily.co.uk/conversation/entertainment/draculas-costume-designer-on-working-with-jonathan-rhys-meyers-and-douglas-booth

He was fantastic and brought so much to the role. You get to work very closely with actors to create the character when you’re a costume designer. We used motifs of ‘warrior’, ‘clean’ and ‘military’ to create his Dracula. He’s very good with clothes, he looks great and he knows what looks good on him. He had hundreds and hundreds of suits because he kept getting blood on them. I’d say ‘you’re not going to spit blood in this scene are you?’ Then I’d turn around and he would be covered in it. I’d be like, ‘you promised me!’ It was an epic project, huge in scale and speed.

Said by Annie Symons, costume designer on Dracula.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 7:11 pm

Found a lovely quote from Julianne Moore about Jonny in Shelter.

“Jonathan’s… character’s got these multiple personalities and so he’s been responsible for all these different characters and it’s so challenging. I think his work has just been wonderful and he’s been serious and fun and has just done some really terrific and interesting and surprising work. He’s been lovely.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jonny's quotes
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
JRM curious :: All things Jonathan :: General Discusion-
Jump to: