JRM curious
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all things Jonathan Rhys Meyers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elvis: The young years

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Audrey

Audrey

Elvis: The young years Empty
PostSubject: Elvis: The young years   Elvis: The young years Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 3:23 pm

Interesting little fact about the miniseries Elvis.

Presley Upset About Bed Scene

3 May 2005 | WENN | See recent WENN news »

Priscilla Presley vetoed one scene in upcoming Elvis miniseries, after insisting it was inaccurate. The socialite was called in as a consultant on the CBS project and immediately had issues with one scene that left her bristling. Actor Jonathan Rhys-meyers, who plays The King in the new series, says, "There was one scene Priscilla wasn't happy with because it was inaccurate. It was me sitting on the bed with Priscilla explaining why I didn't find her attractive after the child was born - and so we corrected that."
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Elvis: The young years   Elvis: The young years Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 3:27 pm

Anyone seen this? I have the dvd. Jonny is absolutely amazing in this miniseries. He definitely deserved that Golden Globe!

And there is a tiny little part where he does sing himself. A little scene when Elvis is in the studio to record something, it isn't working well and when they want to take a break he starts yamming and that's the song they are bringing out later. I am sure the scene is to be found somewhere on YouTube. I will try and find it (when I am at home, cannot watch films at work).
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Elvis: The young years   Elvis: The young years Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:03 am

Audrey wrote:
Anyone seen this? I have the dvd. Jonny is absolutely amazing in this miniseries. He definitely deserved that Golden Globe!

And there is a tiny little part where he does sing himself. A little scene when Elvis is in the studio to record something, it isn't working well and when they want to take a break he starts yamming and that's the song they are bringing out later. I am sure the scene is to be found somewhere on YouTube. I will try and find it (when I am at home, cannot watch films at work).

Elvis Presley was unique. And I think for Jonny was a great challenge, to play this very special human being. I have no doubt that he did it perfectly. I can not wait to see what you got to show. sunny
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Elvis: The young years   Elvis: The young years Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:40 pm

Well, here's the scene I was talking about. Jonny is only singing the little bit of 'that's allright mama' when he's just jamming, just after Sam Phillips said to take a break. There is a shorter film on You Tube with only the jamming part, but that one ends a bit sudden, so I chose this one in stead. Enjoy!

Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Elvis: The young years   Elvis: The young years Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:19 am

Great Audrey. Thank you very much. king king king
Back to top Go down
trufa

trufa

PostSubject: Re: Elvis: The young years   Elvis: The young years Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:28 am

Thanks for this Audrey!!!!!! I love you I love you I love you I love you I never see it before! Well I never see the film so I can´t say anything about it. I read that Jonny was fantastic in this character and that the accent was very, very good...
I like a lot the scene that you share with us in this video.Always think that Jonny looks comfortable with a guitar in his hands..... cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
kyra

kyra

PostSubject: Re: Elvis: The young years   Elvis: The young years Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 11:42 am

I have this movie for a while, but I didn't see it yet. Now I am working to translate the subtitle, so I see parts of it. First of all, I think it is an amazing resemblance between Jonny and Elvis, he did a great job in this role.
But, there is a scene where Elvis has his concert in front of an audience after 7 years, his come-back, where I spoted a girl in audience, and it was a close up with her also, which I think it's Reena. I tried to get a capture and put it here. Does anybody else saw this? Is it really her, cause I think so.

Elvis: The young years Reena
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Elvis: The young years   Elvis: The young years Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 5:56 pm

Yes, Kyra, you are right. It is Reena in that scene.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elvis: The young years   Elvis: The young years Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elvis: The young years
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
JRM curious :: All things Jonathan :: Films, TV, Theatre-
Jump to: