JRM curious
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all things Jonathan Rhys Meyers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Another Interview with Geri O'Keeffe (JRM's mother)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Redstar

Redstar

Another Interview with Geri O'Keeffe (JRM's mother) Empty
PostSubject: Another Interview with Geri O'Keeffe (JRM's mother)   Another Interview with Geri O'Keeffe (JRM's mother) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:18 am

Again from thefreelibrary.com, orginally published in 2006 in the Irish Mirror. This is shocking and sad:

A CRAZED female fan of Hollywood star Jonathan Rhys Meyers has attacked the actor's mother in a violent street attack.

Petite Geri Meyers was set upon by the middle-aged woman on a busy street in Cork.

The unprovoked assault happened after a down market newspaper published a story wrongly claiming Jonathan, 28, had been placed in an orphanage as a child because his mum couldn't cope.

Shocked Geri told Irish Daily Mirror yesterday: "She recognised me from the picture in the paper. She came up to me and asked if I was Jonathan Rhys Meyer's mother.

"I said I was and then she slapped me across the face and said I should be ashamed to walk the streets of Cork after putting my son in an orphanage.
"Johnny was never, in an orphanage but because this woman had read the story, which was a load of rubbish, she believed it and attacked me.

"I was stunned. She knocked me for six."
Geri has never denied her children, who grew up in a one-parent family after their father walked out, had a difficult childhood.

But she is furious people continually abuse her just for being the working-class mother of the Mission Impossible III actor, who has already won a Golden Globe award.

Geri did not report the assault to gardai but she has said that she will no longer tolerate the abuse.

She said: "I am Johnny's mum, not Jonathan Rhys Meyers the actor's mum. Yes, I am very proud of him but I am very proud of all my children.

"I am sick of all the stories which put myself and Jonathan's father in a very bad light.

"Johnny's dad worships the ground that he walks on. Just because it did not work out for us does not mean that he is not a fantastic father." Following the attack in Patrick Street on February 13, a woman came to Geri's aid and although she does not know her name she said she would like to thank her.

Geri added: "The woman was as shocked as I was but in the heat of the moment I forgot to get her name. I would just like to thank her from the bottom of heart."

Back to top Go down

Another Interview with Geri O'Keeffe (JRM's mother)
Page 1 of 1