JRM curious
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all things Jonathan Rhys Meyers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones

Go down 
+5
Audrey
trufa
Editha171071
gaja
Shanti
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Shanti

Shanti

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Empty
PostSubject: A possible new role for Jonny   The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:57 am

Jonny is in talks for a magnificent role in The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. Some links with information about this movie that begins filming in late August in Toronto. sunny sunny sunny

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/cassandra-clare-mortal-instruments-jonathan-rhys-meyers-359188?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/jonathan-rhys-meyers-the-mortal-instruments/

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Jonathan-Rhys-Meyers-Talks-Join-Mortal-Instruments-Movie-32363.html

http://collider.com/jonathan-rhys-meyers-mortal-instruments/187310/
Back to top Go down
gaja

gaja

PostSubject: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones   The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:47 am

Jonathan Rhys Meyers has joined The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, an adaptation of the first book in Cassandra Clare YA fantasy series about a young woman (Lily Collins) who learns she’s from a line of warriors called Shadowhunters, who keep the world safe from demons. Rhys Meyers will play the main villain, the ominously named Valentine Morgenstern. Lena Headey, Jared Harris, and Kevin Zegers (Transamerica) costar. Harald Zwart (The Karate Kid) is directing. [THR]
Back to top Go down
Editha171071

Editha171071

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones   The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:08 am

Here you can read the article.

Jonny joining Mortal Instruments!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/editha.herrmann
trufa

trufa

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones   The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:55 am

Pufffffffffff Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
gaja

gaja

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones   The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 12:22 pm

puffffffffffffffff ? Wink lol
Back to top Go down
gaja

gaja

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones   The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 12:36 pm

I read on the internet that the books are good . a tale of demons and demon hunters . I just hope that it is not a Twilight story
Back to top Go down
trufa

trufa

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones   The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 12:48 pm

gaja wrote:
I read on the internet that the books are good . a tale of demons and demon hunters . I just hope that it is not a Twilight story

Yes pufff because I think that at the end , it will be like a Twilight story and for the existence of Twilight, now "the industry" make this type of films.....I never see Jonny like a Superhero or similar.. I don´tknow.. and in other hand the character is: "Tall, handsome , with platinum blond hair and dark eyes....!"

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Editha171071

Editha171071

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones   The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:41 pm

I saw all what Jonny do.

The opinon is we can see him in TV what ever he play he is fantastic. I love you

Here a link from IMDb

The Mortal Instruments

Perhubs i buy the books and read it. study
Back to top Go down
gaja

gaja

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones   The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:39 pm

"Tall, handsome , with platinum blond hair and dark eyes What a Face that sounds good Twisted Evil Twisted Evil I love you
Back to top Go down
gaja

gaja

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones   The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:35 pm

Editha171071 I've seen a lot of jrm work.and there are some who were bad . I first want to see how he plays the role of Valentine and dracula
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones   The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:58 pm

Here's the link to the official film site:

http://themortalinstrumentsmovie.com/

Jonny is still in negotiations on the role, so nothing is certain yet. But it seems to be that it are final negotiations, so that is a positive sign, I guess (depending on how you look at it, I suppose).
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones   The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:59 pm

gaja wrote:
Editha171071 I've seen a lot of jrm work.and there are some who were bad . I first want to see how he plays the role of Valentine and dracula

I have seen quite a lot as well, and yes, some thongs are not as good, bur I have never thought he was really bad either. And he has grown a lot over the years.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones   The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:01 pm

trufa wrote:
gaja wrote:

Yes pufff because I think that at the end , it will be like a Twilight story and for the existence of Twilight, now "the industry" make this type of films.....I never see Jonny like a Superhero or similar.. I don´tknow.. and in other hand the character is: "Tall, handsome , with platinum blond hair and dark eyes....!"

I don't really see Jonny as a superhero either and would rather see him in more serious roles, more Oscar potential, but this might be a good step towards a larger audience and thus other roles, perhaps also the more serious ones.
Back to top Go down
trufa

trufa

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones   The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:08 pm

Audrey wrote:
trufa wrote:
gaja wrote:

I don't really see Jonny as a superhero either and would rather see him in more serious roles, more Oscar potential, but this might be a good step towards a larger audience and thus other roles, perhaps also the more serious ones.

um well I don´t have the same opinion sorry: larger audience isn´t always good roles to the future.. But well I suppose that perhaps he likes to enjoy with this type of roles or something similar... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trufa

trufa

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones   The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:10 pm

Audrey wrote:
gaja wrote:

I have seen quite a lot as well, and yes, some thongs are not as good, bur I have never thought he was really bad either. And he has grown a lot over the years.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Yes is true: many movies or roles were bad this happens in "the best families"... Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised
Back to top Go down
Editha171071

Editha171071

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones   The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 8:30 am

Jonny is Valentine Morgenstern

The Mortal Instruments
Back to top Go down
trufa

trufa

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones   The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 10:48 am

Cassandra Clare talks about Jonny in her blog:

http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post/29099685617/casting-news-valentine
Back to top Go down
Jellyfish

Jellyfish

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones   The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 1:48 pm

Yes, tumblr ppl gonne wild today and it's official, he'll play this Valentine guy. Now I'm curious what "The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones" is...? Everyone blurbs about that for days. Is it similar to "The game of thrones"?
Back to top Go down
gaja

gaja

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones   The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:04 pm

no
When Clary witnesses a murder by a group of teens at a club she is surprised that Simon and the club's security guard cannot see the killer, a boy called Jace. Jace claims that the boy he murdered was a demon. The next day, Jace offers to have Clary meet his tutor. When she receives a distressing phone call from her mother she returns home to find her mother missing, the apartment trashed, and a monstrous creature, a Ravener demon, waiting. She defeats the creature by shoving Jace’s Sensor down its throat, but is injured in the process, and Jace takes her to his home. His home is called "The Institute", an old Gothic cathedral in New York that humans, or mundanes, can't see, because it is concealed magically by glamour. Here, she recuperates. She also meets Hodge Starkweather, Jace's tutor, as well as his adoptive-siblings Isabelle and Alec Lightwood.

Hodge then acquires the help of a monk with magical powers, called a "Silent Brother", Jeremiah, to discover how Clary is able to see Shadowhunters and why she was attacked. Jeremiah discovers a block on Clary's mind, and takes her and Jace to the City of Bones, where the Silent Brothers attempt to break it. Although the attempt fails, Clary discovers flashes of information, particularly the name Magnus Bane, which, with Isabelle's help, Clary traces Magnus Bane to a party, which she attends with Jace, Simon, Alec and Isabelle. There, they discover that Magnus is the High Warlock of Brooklyn, and he placed the block on Clary, although his attempts to help her remember are unhelpful. During the party, Simon is turned into a rat by a faerie drink, and Jace and Clary go to a vampire-infested hotel to rescue Simon who has been taken home by a vampire.

Clary and Jace are helped into the hotel by a teenager named Raphael. He then betrays them and reveals that he is the leader of the vampire coven that are residing inside that hotel, and soon Clary and Jace are fighting for their lives. They are saved by werewolves who claim they want Clary, but Clary and Jace escape and rescue Simon but get injured in the process.

At the institute Clary and Alec have a fight. Jace takes Clary to the Institute's greenhouse where they first kiss. Clary realizes where the Mortal Cup is and she, Jace, Isabelle, Alec, and Simon go and retrieve it at Madam Dorthea's apartment (by Clary's Apt.). Alec gets injured by a greater demon and nearly dies, but Magnus Bane heals him at the Institute. When Clary and Jace give the Mortal Cup to Hodge, he reveals he's working for a man named Valentine who is meant to be dead. Valentine takes Jace. Clary goes after Hodge, but is kidnapped. When Clary wakes up she finds out Luke took her but for her own safety. Clary finds out Valentine's her father, and Luke and Clary track down Jace and Valentine. Luke and his werewolf pack raid Valentine's lair, but they are ambushed.

During the attack, Luke and Clary get inside, and while Luke is distracted, Clary finds Valentine and Jace. Valentine reveals that he is also Jace's father, making them siblings. Luke then returns to fight Valentine, with Jace's help, but Valentine escapes to Idris, where he has hidden the Cup. Clary retrieves her mother, who is in a coma, and takes her to a hospital. In the meantime, Alec has been healed by Magnus Bane. Clary and Jace meet at the Institute and express their frustration that they cannot be together forever like they once believed
it is part 1 of four books
Back to top Go down
Editha171071

Editha171071

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones   The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:18 pm

News from TMI.

http://sulia.com/channel/the-mortal-instruments/f/f252cfee-3660-4454-82e7-84ae3d5205e7/?source=twitter
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones   The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 1:49 am

Minute by minute, day by day, on the filming of TMI, including pics. Very interesting. sunny

https://twitter.com/TMI_Source
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones   The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:10 pm

Shanti wrote:
Minute by minute, day by day, on the filming of TMI, including pics. Very interesting. sunny

https://twitter.com/TMI_Source

Just started following that one. lol!
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones   The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:36 pm

Read some tweets and other messages, including from Cassandra Clare that Jonny won't be on set until October. Possibly even late October. As filming should be finished by November 6, his role in the first movie is very small indeed.
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones   The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 4:19 am

If you click this link, will take you on a poll, to vote on five films. It's pretty amazing, TMI is winning by almost 80%. sunny sunny sunny

http://tmisource.com/2012/08/29/city-of-bones-nominated-for-most-anticipated-2013-summer-movie/

If you want to go directly to the site that is making this poll, this is the link.

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/summer-movies-poll-most-anticipated-2013-summer-movie/
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones   The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 3:03 am

Mr Wong says nice words about Jonny. And shares a photo taken in Toronto. Follow this link. (I found this in JRMfansite Message Board) sunny sunny sunny

http://www.mrwillwong.com/spotted-jonathan-rhys-meyers-in-toronto-for-the-mortal-instruments/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones   The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
JRM curious :: All things Jonathan :: Films, TV, Theatre-
Jump to: