JRM curious
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all things Jonathan Rhys Meyers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blossom - Suzy's Field

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Audrey

Audrey

Blossom - Suzy's Field Empty
PostSubject: Blossom - Suzy's Field   Blossom - Suzy's Field Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 7:41 pm

Suzy's Field, the former band of Jonny's brothers Ali, Jamie and Paul has announced last March that they will reform for one special album, called Blossom. Yesterday Suzy's Field announced on their Facebook that Jonny will join his brothers and the other two band members Matt and Adam on a few tracks and will even comtribute to writing some tracks! See their facebook www.facebook.com/suzysfield2013 for more information.

The album will only be available through download, but...
The band is using crowd funding to raise cash for the album. Contributing $10, add $3 for shipping outside the US, you will however receive an album, with a mention of your name and an exclusieve download track. You can contribute here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1825299698/blossom-0

They already have enough funds, but would like to reach $8000 by 9 June (if I am not mistaken).

The Kickstarter site also has a track that will not make it on the album, and that is recorded by Ali, on IPad, but good quality - amazing those Ipads, aren't they? So make sure to have a look and listen to hear what you might expect.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Blossom - Suzy's Field   Blossom - Suzy's Field Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:24 am

Backers have yesterday received a treat, a song from Suzy's Field, exclusively for backers, called Alone. It sounds really good. It's a re-recording of a song from the old days, but I didn't know it yet.
Back to top Go down
trufa

trufa

PostSubject: Re: Blossom - Suzy's Field   Blossom - Suzy's Field Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 10:47 am

Fantastic these news. A long dream that at the end Jonny works with his brothers. I think that is fantastic that he´s very busy this year, and I hope that all continues in this way.
I try to listen the song..unfortunatelly now I can´t in my pc... Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Blossom - Suzy's Field   Blossom - Suzy's Field Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 3:47 pm

Just for some fun. Here is the tracklist for Blossom.

Blossom - Suzy's Field SuzysFieldtracklistBlossom_zpse5aeaa48

As we know, Jonny is participating on some songs, that he has also been writing/composing, together with the other lads. I don't know how many songs Jonny is participating on, but I just thought it would be fun to guess which songs we think Jonny might have written or is participating on.

So what do you think? Which of the songs above might Jonny have written?
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Blossom - Suzy's Field   Blossom - Suzy's Field Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 3:51 pm

I better also have a go at it myself, right?

Just based on Jonny's difficult time I would guess:

Prison Walls
Stone by Stone
Happy It's Over
Why the Sun Shined Today
Ghosts

And, yes, I know, he probably won't be participating on five songs, rather two, three or four tops, but any of these I would think he might be participating on.

Anyone has another guess?
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Blossom - Suzy's Field   Blossom - Suzy's Field Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 7:58 pm

News on the release of the album on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/suzysfield2013?fref=ts

New Orleans, LA. January 20th

New Year, New Record

BLOSSOM is almost ready to land. It has been a magical experience creating an album in five different spaces, in three different countries. As I type we are weeks away from mastering and then printing. We are incredibly proud of our labors and we hope you enjoy them.

To our Backers on Kickstarter, All rewards will be shipped, along with the CD as soon as we have them in hand. We apologize for the delay but we will get everything out to you as soon as possible. Some may even be delievered by hand, by Matt and Ali...in their smalls.

On February 14th we are going to show you the love by giving you the first listen to s few tracks....cause we love you.

Go Hawks.... (8 foto's)
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Blossom - Suzy's Field   Blossom - Suzy's Field Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 10:16 pm

First track as a first taste for Blossom. A Valentine's gift. Although it's not a sassy love song.

https://soundcloud.com/suzysfield/draw-our-lines
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Blossom - Suzy's Field   Blossom - Suzy's Field Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 10:11 am

Have a listen to the song. What do you think of it. The former album is also there to listen to, so you can compare the songs.

I like Draw our lines. It has something special and is different to most songs I hear. It appealed to me more than the other songs. Those are good too, but took me a little longer to get used to.
Back to top Go down
pokoangelo

PostSubject: Re: Blossom - Suzy's Field   Blossom - Suzy's Field Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 2:28 pm

Audrey wrote:
Have a listen to the song. What do you think of it. The former album is also there to listen to, so you can compare the songs.

I like Draw our lines. It has something special and is different to most songs I hear. It appealed to me more than the other songs. Those are good too, but took me a little longer to get used to.

yeah~~ I agree.
Back to top Go down
http://pokoangelo@taobao.com
kyra

kyra

PostSubject: Re: Blossom - Suzy's Field   Blossom - Suzy's Field Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:39 am

I never listened to Suzy's Field, but I'm doing it now. Did Jonny sing on some songs from the other albums with his brothers? Because, listening to this
https://soundcloud.com/suzysfield
it seems to me it is his voice, as I know it from August Rush?
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Blossom - Suzy's Field   Blossom - Suzy's Field Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:06 pm

He didn't sing on any of the former albums (just 1, Mirrors, which is indeed also on sound cloud).

He is singing on the new album Blossom. There are some others on the internet who think Jonny might be singing on Draw Our Lines.

There are parts that sound like him, compared to August Rush. However, I think, since Jonny isn't formally part of Suzy's Field, that they would mention it if he was singing on Draw Our Lines, in the lines of featuring Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Futhermore, I think that as a first taste, they perhaps wouldn't use a song where Jonny is participating.

Lastly, on JRM Fansite forum there has been a thread about The OKs, another band of his brothers, where someone mentioned a likeness of voices between Jonny and his brother Ali (Alan). So, I think it is Ali on Draw Our Lines.

But we will just have to wait until the album really is released. I have backed the album on Kickstarter, so should be able to let you know once i have received the cd.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Blossom - Suzy's Field   Blossom - Suzy's Field Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 6:54 pm

Echoes by Suzy's Field. No Jonny on there, though.

Jonny sings on the song Open Mouth.

Blossom - Suzy's Field FrontcoverBlossom_zpsf7fe1fb8

Blossom - Suzy's Field BackcoverBlossom_zps31d7f349
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Blossom - Suzy's Field   Blossom - Suzy's Field Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 9:06 pm

Blossom - Suzy's Field Image_zps518d8e74

Blossom - Suzy's Field Image_zps1ce6518c

And a twitter conversation:

@Mara Lane tweeted
@JRM_Appr_Group ur2kind. I luv #SuzysField page too m.facebook.com/suzysfield2013. Will post a behind the scenes vid of J singing #OpenMouth there

@JRM_Appr_Group only if I see a lot of receipts/proofs of purchase of #SuzysField new album when it comes out. A LOT
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Blossom - Suzy's Field   Blossom - Suzy's Field Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 6:04 pm

https://soundcloud.com/suzysfield/open-mouth-feat-jonathan-rhys

Suzy field's and Jonny's song on soundcloud. But do buy the song on iTunes too tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
JessySAB

PostSubject: Re: Blossom - Suzy's Field   Blossom - Suzy's Field Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 6:07 pm

Great song, love it!  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Blossom - Suzy's Field   Blossom - Suzy's Field Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 10:14 pm

Yeah, I love it as well.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Blossom - Suzy's Field   Blossom - Suzy's Field Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:52 pm

Ali posted the lyrics of Open Mouth.

We are golden now, we are energy
We are anything we fought to have the right to be
We are party nights, we are staying in
We are opening our minds to let the future in
We are charity we are in between, we are

We are the first in line, we are the last to leave
We are the building blocks of hope for your humanity
We are the war at home, we are at home with peace
We are the soldiers of tomorrow driving limousines
We are apathy we are Luther King, we are

We are the agony, we are the empty seats