JRM curious
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all things Jonathan Rhys Meyers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bend it like Beckham

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Audrey

Audrey

Bend it like Beckham Empty
PostSubject: Bend it like Beckham   Bend it like Beckham Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 8:42 pm

A nice video of cast and crew singing 'Hot, hot, hot'.

Last edited by Audrey on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alara
Admin
Alara

PostSubject: Re: Bend it like Beckham   Bend it like Beckham Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:41 am

That's so cute, thanks Audrey!

I love the fact it was the first Western film to air in on North Korean TV. Very Happy

From BBC:

Quote :
North Korea bends it like Beckham in UK film first

North Korea's state-run television has broadcast British film Bend It Like Beckham.

In a tweet, the UK Ambassador to South Korea, Martin Uden, said it was the "1st ever Western-made film to air on TV" in North Korea.

Originally released in the UK in 2002, the film was broadcast across North Korea on 26 December.

Although the original is 112 minutes long, the version broadcast was cut to 104 minutes, suggesting some editing.

It was a rare treat for North Koreans whose state television normally broadcasts animations, hagiographies of its leaders and images celebrating the country's army, model farms and model villages.

Mr Uden said the broadcast had been arranged by the British embassy.

During the film, a message was broadcast saying that it was being shown to mark the 10th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic ties between North Korea and the UK.

It was reportedly the first time that North Korea has observed such a diplomatic anniversary by showing a film from that country.

Bend It Like Beckham features a sport beloved among North Koreans, but it also depicts some taboo topics - like interracial relationships, homosexuality and religion.
Back to top Go down
https://jrmcurious.forumotion.com
trufa

trufa

PostSubject: Re: Bend it like Beckham   Bend it like Beckham Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:48 pm

What do you think about this movie? I remembered that when it was in cinemas, hre in Sapin many critics an people say taht it was fantastic, The sleeper of the Year or similar. I saw it and I think that entertaint me, but in my opinion is not...excepcional. The history is funny and I think that the result is good,but like others movies. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

One interview...I like Jonny´s face when the presenter say something like I associate you with Freakes!" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Alara
Admin
Alara

PostSubject: Re: Bend it like Beckham   Bend it like Beckham Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:08 pm

Hahaha, love his face there! He is normally associated with freaks!! Hahaha!

I like the film. It was lovely, actually. It didn't try to be more than it was, it was funny and the characters were likeable. I love you

Jonathan looked sooooo young to me there. Laughing I know he was 25 but to me he looked younger. I think I saw him there first. scratch I don't remember flinching. Razz Razz Razz

It's been a while since I've seen it. I think it had more meaning to people that are more familiar with the orthodox Sikh culture and traditions, it makes Parminder's character even more lovable and spunky. I've only spent 6 months in England, in total, and only got glimpses of the culture, architecture..etc. We don't have a stricktly orthodox religious/cultural group here and that part of the film didn't hit as close to heart as I' sure it did with the ones that are more familiar with it.

North Korea I'm looking at you. Wink

I'd like to see it again now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://jrmcurious.forumotion.com
Jellyfish

Jellyfish

PostSubject: Re: Bend it like Beckham   Bend it like Beckham Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 3:23 pm

I don't like that movie at all. Bad story and lousy acting. Keira Knightley has not yet learned to act, that indian girl is unconvincing, Jonny look like "i'm sooo hoping that my friends will not make fun of me that much because of this", families are shown stereotypically... One word: Boring.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Bend it like Beckham   Bend it like Beckham Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 8:02 pm

Had to smile reading this.

@StephenRMoore: Memory of working on BEND IT LIKE BECKHAM (BBC1 now): Jonathan Rhys Meyers leaving his mobile in a cab when he came to the audition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bend it like Beckham   Bend it like Beckham Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bend it like Beckham
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
JRM curious :: All things Jonathan :: Films, TV, Theatre-
Jump to: