JRM curious
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all things Jonathan Rhys Meyers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jonny's career

Go down 
+3
gaja
Jellyfish
Audrey
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Audrey

Audrey

Jonny's career Empty
PostSubject: Jonny's career   Jonny's career Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:05 pm

I just thought I would start a new topic about Jonny's career, because today I have been thinking about his career and whether his recent problems might affect or have affected his career and career opportunities. I'll start off myself with my thoughts.

I think recent events definitely have an affect on Jonny's career. I believe he will have to prove himself in the film business again. Stories about a possible suicide attempt, especially when these stories have not been responded to by Jonathan or his management, are damaging. His drinking problems and run-ins with the law because of it, already make him unreliable, whether justly or not, to some people in the business, I would think (of course, I am no expert as I am not in the business). So, I think Jonny might have problems getting new roles or certains roles. I hope I am wrong, and if not, I hope Jonny will be able to prove himself again and make a come back.

I also believe that it would be good if Jonny would talk in some way about what happened last year. I know he likes to keep those things private, at least ever since about 2005, 2006, and he doesn't have to spill all, but I do believe it would be good if he would say in an interview that it was not a suicide attempt and say something about what did happen. I respect his privacy, I really do, but I don't think it's good that people believe he has tried to commit suicide, even if friends and family have stated that was not the case. Only Jonny and his management can bring something reliable in this regard, at least in many people's eyes (not in mine).

I am curious what you all think. Were recent events damaging? What should Jonny do to come back? Will he succeed in making a come back? Let's discuss this!
Back to top Go down
Jellyfish

Jellyfish

Jonny's career Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny's career   Jonny's career Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:06 am

Audrey wrote:
I am curious what you all think. Were recent events damaging? What should Jonny do to come back? Will he succeed in making a come back? Let's discuss this!

For me it's quite clear. About the suicide attempt I think that journalist pumped up the story, a man who had drunk a plenty of pills can't defend himself for half an hour. Plus, after suicide attempt there is no way to let you go home the morning after. A drunken man also can't defend that long. On the other hand,a man on drugs can. And this story about suicide goes on to his favor, he is already screwed up everything and between two bad things his management choose less bad, it's better for his career to people think that he is a tortured person than junky.

I think that he should do things he's best at, to act and sing. Especially to sing. I'm boring sometimes, I know, but I really think that his voice is valuable. I don't think that his career is over, I have the strange feeling that he'll get a really good role (James Bond type of role) and he'll be a even bigger movie star. Just wait and see. Of course, the only condition is to stay alive and don't harm himself.
Back to top Go down
gaja

gaja

Jonny's career Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny's career   Jonny's career Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:43 pm

they do let you go home if you say it will not happen again and seek help and whether it is bad for his career I do not know He has done other things that are much worse for his career drunkenness and fighting and swearing I think he should go do other things besides filming sing or work of art or something and do not forget he is bipolar ( his own words ) and that makes it not easier for him
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

Jonny's career Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny's career   Jonny's career Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:43 pm

Jellyfish, I don't know. I don't think Jonny is a junky.(I don't know though, maybe I am misreading your message). I do believe that he was on medication and did really relapse in drinking. But it might be better to have people think that he is suicidel (I bet I did not spell that correctly, but can't be bothered to find out how to spell it correctly). I really think you might have a point there.

Actually, I believe he will come back too. I also think he might produce and maybe even direct a movie in the future. And I really, really hope that he will publish a book of poems (his poems, of course).
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Jonny's career Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny's career   Jonny's career Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:41 am

Many years ago, the stumble of celebrities, were very secret, because their contracts had rules that they had to respect or their careers were destroyed. Now it's totally different. Not a consolation price, but, for example, TMZ.com has a gallery of celebrity mug shoots, that is priceless. And let me tell you, I never saw a career destroyed by this. Jonny has done the right thing, stay off the radar, quietly and calmly. This guy is no saint, nor a demon. He deserves some credit and I give it to him. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Jonny's career Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny's career   Jonny's career Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:08 pm

If Mr Meyers want to keep acting he can. Everyone in that acting bizness has personal problems. Demi More has problem now but she will work again if wants that. My opinion.

Shanti beautiful photo.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

Jonny's career Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny's career   Jonny's career Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 1:37 pm

I found this on twitter:

Nick Prainito ! ‏@nickprainito
a producer just thought I was jonathan Rhys meyers. I told her yes.... Hollywood wasn't doin it for me, so I left to shoot/edit for cable tv

Casting Director‏@castinginfo
@nickprainito haha jonathan rhys meyers is blackballed in Hollywood.

Casting Director‏@castinginfo
yeah, Jonathan Rhys Meyers is quite possibly the WORST Actor & overrated , his poor choices reflect his lack of brilliance @biggiemonzie

I could find the tweet of @biggiemonzie that Casting Director is replying to, though.

I sure hope that Jonny isn't really blackballed in Hollywood.
Casting Director doesn't like him, that's for sure. On a positive note: LA Casting is not the only casting agency in Hollywood!

Back to top Go down
Jellyfish

Jellyfish

Jonny's career Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny's career   Jonny's career Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:29 pm

Yeah, it's his opinion and he's overreacting. He's certanly not the best actor I've ever seen but there are worse for sure.
Back to top Go down
gaja

gaja

Jonny's career Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny's career   Jonny's career Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:05 pm

Hollywood is a city full of sanctimonious cronyism if you have the good friends and you will do anything for a role then you're good and you get the rol
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

Jonny's career Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny's career   Jonny's career Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:39 pm

Ok, perhaps this is not the best topic to place this, but I want to ask about your thoughts for Jonny's future in acting, so I suppose it is alright.

What would you like to see Jonny do next? What kind of projects?

I would love to see more of Dracula, even though I haven't seen all of the first season yet and I also believe he should do the other movies of The Mortal Instruments, if there are going to be any more and if it wouldn't interfere with Dracula (provided there will be another season ofcourse). He has started it now and now I want to see more of Valentine.

Other than that, I would like to see him do more projects like Belle du Seigneur (although I haven't seen this movie yet), a beautiful story. I don't mind if he is a struggling or dark person. I think he is very good at playing someone who is going through a difficult time. I would like it if he would be a good person who is going through a loss of loved one, a child or something like that and the movie tell the story on how the persons (there should be more persons for a conflict to appear) deal with the loss.

Or a movie where Jonny will be playing a character that is going on some sort of live changing adventure, perhaps emigrating to another country and see the struggle of adapting to this strange culture, finding his place in a new country.

Well, let me know what you would like to see.
Back to top Go down
trufa

trufa

Jonny's career Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny's career   Jonny's career Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:29 pm

Good movies.. only this, Good movies: I don´t prefer one plot or another, only good movies with good professionals and good directors and actors/actress. I don´t know If he had a bad elections or is that the movies that did is the only that he received. i think is a very hard world , with envy and other things that are more important that the talent.I know that we never see him in the Oscars for example, you know, Oscars for me last years are overrated and I think taht the nominees possible are good actors but also have many money behind their.
Back to top Go down
kyra

kyra

Jonny's career Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny's career   Jonny's career Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 5:59 am

I loved him in Matchpoint, Belle du Seigneur, The Tudors, so thisis the kind of movies I would like to see him in. I also like him as Dracula, even I am not a fan of that kind of movies.
Back to top Go down
capulet

capulet

Jonny's career Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny's career   Jonny's career Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 5:52 pm

hello,

Want to respond at this subject cause found it in a way heavy.. sorry to say.
He has come back does he? he did that with COB and later with Dracula? ( unfortunally is not yet showing in Holland) or do i see that wrong? So I do not understand the meaning of the topic that he should be prove himself. Offcourse he must but any actor must prove themself everytime they make a movie even Leonardo DiCaprio. Cause every director has a name and want to keep that so if the actor do wrong it is also his (directors) name that will be damaged. (or so i think) agree that he could maybe say something about it in the press. and the twitter messeages were heacy do you also think so? that he is (to citat; worse and overraded?)

o and sorry hello (again) hahaha

greetz
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

Jonny's career Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny's career   Jonny's career Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 9:26 pm

Hi Capulet, the topic has been made before Dracula and The mortal Instruments. i have just used this topic to sask what you would like Jonny to do next. What kind of movie.

Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

Jonny's career Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny's career   Jonny's career Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 9:35 pm

trufa wrote:
Good movies.. only this, Good movies: I don´t prefer one plot or another, only good movies with good professionals and good directors and actors/actress. I don´t know If he had a bad elections or is that the movies that did is the only that he received. i think is a very hard world , with envy and other things that are more important that the talent.I know that we never see him in the Oscars  for example, you know, Oscars for me last years are overrated and I think taht the nominees possible are good actors but also have many money behind their.

Well, i think we would all wish him good movies with good people working on it. But, a good director and good actors are not always a guarantee that the movie will be good.
Like every actor has a movie that he rather not be reminded off, I think every director once has a movie or movies that aren't working and just aren't that good, for whatever reason.

I don't think Jonny has made particularly bad desicions in his career,, by the way. i have enjoyed every movie i have seen with him. Maybe they weren't all top notch, but I don't think they were really bad either. Furthermore, it is hard to get roles and perhaps Jonny isn't very good at doing auditions either. I read an interview recently, don't know if I posted it here, where he said that it might be better if he didn't have to audition for a role. He auditioned for a movie, I don't really remember, thought simething like queen of the Desert and didn't get the role. Dracula was just offered to him.

I also think jonny might be doing more producer work in the future and perhaps in the far future direct a movie.
Back to top Go down
trufa

trufa

Jonny's career Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny's career   Jonny's career Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 10:06 pm

Audrey wrote:
Well, i think we would all wish him good movies with good people working on it. But, a good director and good actors are not always a guarantee that the movie will be good.
Like every actor has a movie that he rather not be reminded off, I think every director once has a movie or movies that aren't working and just aren't that good, for whatever reason.

I don't think Jonny has made particularly bad desicions in his career,, by the way. i have enjoyed every movie i have seen with him. Maybe they weren't all top notch, but I don't think they were really bad either. Furthermore, it is hard to get roles and perhaps Jonny isn't very good at doing auditions either. I read an interview recently, don't know if I posted it here, where he said that it might be better if he didn't have to audition for a role. He auditioned for a movie, I don't really remember, thought simething like queen of the Desert and didn't get the role. Dracula was just offered to him.

I also think jonny might be doing more producer work in the future and perhaps in the far future direct a movie.

Probably you do good movies if you work with Scorsese, Allen or Eastwood that if you work with other directors, that don´t have the same inspiration or screenplays and a great staff( sorry I know is not corect). I think that he made bad decisions with some movies and for this he did auditions because I think that other actors don´t do it. He must do twice good films, because I think that he has the talent and the presence.. I think.
Yes Audrey also always say that direction will be his future. flower flower flower cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
kyra

kyra

Jonny's career Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny's career   Jonny's career Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 7:34 am

Yes, Audrey, you posted the interview here, I also noticed that he said that.
If I remember corectly, he was chosen for Elvis from 200 people without an audition and what a role he did! And I also know that Woody Allen chose him for Matchpoint after he listened a tape with Jonny with the part at the begining of the film.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jonny's career Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny's career   Jonny's career Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jonny's career
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
JRM curious :: All things Jonathan :: General Discusion-
Jump to: