JRM curious
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all things Jonathan Rhys Meyers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New project?? Panda Eyes

Go down 
+5
Jellyfish
Audrey
gaja
Editha171071
trufa
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
trufa

trufa

New project?? Panda Eyes Empty
PostSubject: New project?? Panda Eyes   New project?? Panda Eyes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 10:06 am

I see this in FB page Jonathan Rhys Meyers appreciation. I think that probably is true because the magazine where it appears is the best cinema magazine here in Spain. He´ll work with Isabel Coixet . Here the linK:

http://www.fotogramas.es/Noticias/Cine-espanol/EXCLUSIVA-Isabel-Coixet-dirigira-a-Jonathan-Rhys-Meyers-y-Sophie-Turner-en-Panda-Eyes
Back to top Go down
Editha171071

Editha171071

PostSubject: Re: New project?? Panda Eyes   New project?? Panda Eyes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 10:41 am

I have found a translation in a other forum:

It will begin filming at the end of November in Cardiff

EXCLUSIVE: Isabel Coixet will lead to Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Sophie Truner in 'Panda Eyes'
They´ll start immediately after 'Yesterday not end never' which starts filming this week in Barcelona.

Isabel Coixet chains projects. This week begins the filming of 'Yesterday does not end never' in Barcelona and on 25 November starts rolling 'Panda Eyes' in Cardiff. The first confirmed actors: Jonathan Rhys Meyers (you have seen in 'Match Point' of Woody Allen, or as King Henry VIII in 'The Tudors') and Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark's 'Game of Thrones').

Thus Coixet takes its first steps in horror movies, with a plot inspired by 'The Ring' (the circle, 1998), a Japanese film of Hideo Nakata about a journalist that investigates the legend of some videos whose viewing causes death. The locations will be located mainly in Cardiff, capital of Wales, Great Britain. The Director points out that is not a total change of registration, but that "transfer to that genre what I like".
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/editha.herrmann
gaja

gaja

PostSubject: Re: New project?? Panda Eyes   New project?? Panda Eyes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 11:27 am

when will he filming dracula ? a horror movie? the movie the ring was nice but to make a film with starting point the ring seems to me that it does not work
Back to top Go down
trufa

trufa

PostSubject: Re: New project?? Panda Eyes   New project?? Panda Eyes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 12:49 pm

Coixet´s movies always were indie movies ,no great productions so I hope that inspired in "The ring" (that I never saw because I hate terror movies)but with other prism. Well I don´t know if now Jonny drive his career to this type of movies.. I don´t like the idea but.. well.. I prefer one movie with Coixet but other type of script... Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral

About Dracula I don´t know I read that he´ll start at the end of this year.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: New project?? Panda Eyes   New project?? Panda Eyes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 4:10 pm

I was a bit surptised at this too, and am usually not to fond of horror movies either. Therefore, not seen The Ring either, though I must admit that it seems interesting.

With regard to Dracula, I have read as well that they would start filming later this year. That was stated in the press release when Dracula was announced, but I haven't heard anything about new castings, either, so perhaps filming will start later, as in nest year, and Jonny using the time to do another movie?
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: New project?? Panda Eyes   New project?? Panda Eyes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:34 pm

Here's some info on the book Another Me that Panda Eyes is going to be based on. It's a review of the book, so if you want to be all blank for the movie, don't read this.

http://fyeahsophieturner.tumblr.com/

Small Update on Sophie’s new film, ‘Panda Eyes’

Panda Eyes is adapted from Cathy MacPhail’s novel, Another Me.

Here is a spoiler-filled summary/review of the 2004 YA novel from The Guardian:

Our society is obsessed with identity, with increasing pressure to answer questions such as “Who am I?” and “What makes me unique?” That anxiety fuels our fearful interest in genetics, our fascination with identical twins and much of what we call “spirituality”. In such a culture, old legends about fetches or Doppelgängers take on new resonance, concerned less with death than with the loss of self.
In Another Me Catherine MacPhail deftly tunes into all these preoccupations. Fay, her heroine, is dogged by a double. To begin with, her odd experiences might be simple cases of mistaken identity. “I could have sworn that was you,” says the school librarian, clearly ready to admit her mistake. “Oh well, they do say everyone has a double.” But as the apparitions continue, all the obvious explanations - mistakes, unknown twins, clones, deliberate impersonation - gradually become untenable.

Fay’s life is disrupted in other ways. Her parents’ relationship is deteriorating and she is plunged into conflict at school when she is chosen to play Lady Macbeth - to the fury of the popular and poisonous Monica. As Fay’s situation grows worse, her double seems to gain strength. Eventually, it is able to take Fay’s place for extended periods, getting full marks in a test and performing better than Fay does in the school play. Fay becomes increasingly isolated. No one will believe her, except Drew, her “weirdo” friend with an interest in the occult. He is the one who comes up with the paranormal idea that explains everything.

Or does it? As factual, logical explanations for the apparitions are being demolished, another kind of explanation is building up. When Fay tries to share her fears with her father, he echoes the librarian’s words: “Everybody’s got a double, they say.” But he says it bitterly, thinking not of Fay but of her unfaithful mother. “People tell me they see her somewhere, but she always insists it wasn’t her.” Her parents’ concern with their own unhappiness excludes Fay, and the school counsellor seizes on this as the explanation for everything. Although she angrily disagrees, Fay is increasingly afraid that, as her rival, Monica, says, “She’s crazy! She’s been going crazy for weeks.” Fear of that other kind of loss of identity runs parallel with the fear of the fetch.

The climax comes when Fay’s mother appears out of the fog “like someone in a dream”. She has been with the other one without knowing that it wasn’t Fay - and, as always, the other one is nicer and more capable and more successful than the real Fay. It threatens Fay not with death, as in traditional Doppelgänger stories, but with complete obliteration and replacement by a false self. The departure from tradition is clear and deliberate. Drew and the fetch both talk about “changing the rules”.

But what are the rules of this particular story? That’s the question that gives the book its strong narrative drive. Is the fetch real? One by one (or so it seems) other explanations are stripped away until, if we can trust the “me” who tells the story, no alternative is left. But can we trust the narrator? This is not a self-consciously “literary” book: it’s fast-moving and accessible, and it works well as a straightforward ghost story. But the teasing, equivocal end challenges the reader to see it as more than that. It provides a satisfying conclusion to the many strands that have been woven together with such deceptive simplicity, but it still leaves the central question hanging in the air.

Who is Fay? What does it mean to be “me”?

Based on this summary/review and on what people have been saying on twitter, it sounds like Sophie will be playing the main character, Fay. Now all we need is official confirmation, but that probably won’t come until casting is further along.

And the author of the book approves of the screenplay, so that’s a definite plus!

Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: New project?? Panda Eyes   New project?? Panda Eyes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:34 pm

I think Jonny's role would be Fay's dad. I wouldn't know what role he would play otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: New project?? Panda Eyes   New project?? Panda Eyes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:39 pm

Another little bit of info on the movie. Not much new though, it's a story from early this year.

http://www.theknowledgeonline.com/the-knowledge-bulletin/post/Panda-Eyes-from-Production-Intelligence

Panda Eyes from Production Intelligence
24/01/2012

An interesting Welsh/Spanish co-production is gearing up for a March shoot.

Panda Eyes is adapted from Cathy MacPhail’s supernatural novel, ‘Another Me;’ and examines the idea of uniqueness, as it centres on a schoolgirl who begins to suspect she may have a double.

Producer Rebekah Gilbertson of Rainy Day Films has history in the celluloid alliance between the Celtic and Spanish speaking worlds – her 2010 feature, ‘Patagonia’, was set in the remote, Welsh speaking area of Argentina, and was selected as the British entry for Best Foreign Language Film at the 84th Academy Awards.

‘Panda Eyes’ is coproduced by Tornasol Films and shoots in South Wales and Alicante.

It's probably a good thing this didn't film in March, if it did I suspect Jonny wouldn't be in this.

BTW Did you all notice this is a YA novel too? Would Jonny be aiming for a younger audience? Or is this just a coincidence?
Back to top Go down
trufa

trufa

PostSubject: Re: New project?? Panda Eyes   New project?? Panda Eyes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 8:41 pm

Thanks for all the info. Ok some days ago I read a tweet where a spanish boy say that Jonny boughta house in Mil Palmeras a village in Alicante.. In first time I didn´t believe this because the boy´s clue was that Jonny dinner one night in a italian restaurant of this village. But now that I read tat part of this movie perhaps will be shot in Alicante..... well all is possible.

About the books: well this is a very different type of book and no a saga or similar.. more..... intimist.. Razz Razz Razz Razz I think that is the destiny and that he like to work with Isabel Coixet.
Yes probably he plays the father of the girl... ohh Jonny like father.... is´t too young! isn´t he? lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: New project?? Panda Eyes   New project?? Panda Eyes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 7:59 am

Too young, Trufa? Did you forget that he is 35 now? Although, the girl is sixteen, ofcourse, so perhaps a little young to have a teenage daughter...
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: New project?? Panda Eyes   New project?? Panda Eyes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:16 am

Forgot to reply on your topic of Jonny having bought a house in Mil Palmeras. I don't think he did, at least not because he is going to film there. His father and brother live in that area, so it wouldn't be strange for Jonny to eat at a restaurant in a town in the surroundings.

If he bought a house there, the only reason I could imagine is to be able to visit his brother and father more often without having to sleep at there houses.
Back to top Go down
trufa

trufa

PostSubject: Re: New project?? Panda Eyes   New project?? Panda Eyes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:28 am

Audrey wrote:
Too young, Trufa? Did you forget that he is 35 now? Although, the girl is sixteen, ofcourse, so perhaps a little young to have a teenage daughter...

Yes too young because if the girl have 17 years. I don´t know your experience but I don´t know men that was fathers at 18. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! It could be buit not very usual..About the house well I don´t know. I think that Jonny only pass a few days with family here, perhaps he likes the area and decide to buy a house and now with this movie he can use it much more. Or perhaps he diecide to leave London and live in Spain!.. lol! lol! lol! I hope no... the change won´t be good.. afro afro afro afro afro
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: New project?? Panda Eyes   New project?? Panda Eyes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 2:47 pm

Haha, yes, I already corrected myself. lol! Although, I think that in UK and US there are many more teenage fathers and mothers. Apparently, the use of anticonception is not that widespread there...I don't know the reason. Question

Back to top Go down
Jellyfish

Jellyfish

PostSubject: Re: New project?? Panda Eyes   New project?? Panda Eyes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 6:03 pm

trufa wrote:
Audrey wrote:

Yes too young because if the girl have 17 years. I don´t know your experience but I don´t know men that was fathers at 18. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! It could be buit not very usual.
You'd be surprised... Laughing Rolling Eyes

Isabel Coixet is the same director with whom he recorded that funny "it's us, your pets" movie?
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: New project?? Panda Eyes   New project?? Panda Eyes Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 8:33 pm

Just checked IMDB for your question, Jellyfish, and the answer is no. La lengua asesina was directed by Alberto Sciammo and written as well, if I may add.
Back to top Go down
trufa

trufa

PostSubject: Re: New project?? Panda Eyes   New project?? Panda Eyes Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 10:23 am

Audrey wrote:
Haha, yes, I already corrected myself. lol! Although, I think that in UK and US there are many more teenage fathers and mothers. Apparently, the use of anticonception is not that widespread there...I don't know the reason. Question

Um I don´t know, different cultures and ways of live the life. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue I think that in the movie he´ll be a georgeous , young father. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Jellyfish wrote:
Isabel Coixet is the same director with whom he recorded that funny "it's us, your pets" movie?

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! No no like Audrey say Isabel Coixet did other types of movies: "Mi vida sin mi", "A los que aman".....

her IMDB page:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0170043/
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: New project?? Panda Eyes   New project?? Panda Eyes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 5:31 pm

Don't know how much information they really get, but it seems promising.

@KatieSmallSteps: Jonathan Rhys Meyers to star in Panda eyes based on my mums book Another Me - RT please! http://t.co/ItEXqR6n

@CathyMacphail: http://t.co/dR0rGeba brush up your Spanish. Here's one of the links!

Sorry for the incomplete links, but I think we might have posted them here already.
Back to top Go down
trufa

trufa

PostSubject: Re: New project?? Panda Eyes   New project?? Panda Eyes Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:40 am

Audrey wrote:
Don't know how much information they really get, but it seems promising.

@KatieSmallSteps: Jonathan Rhys Meyers to star in Panda eyes based on my mums book Another Me - RT please! http://t.co/ItEXqR6n

@CathyMacphail: http://t.co/dR0rGeba brush up your Spanish. Here's one of the links!

Sorry for the incomplete links, but I think we might have posted them here already.

umm yes.. I think that these are not an official yes but very similar... I don´t knoe but I have great feelings if he´ll do this movie..
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: New project?? Panda Eyes   New project?? Panda Eyes Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 2:21 am

It seems that the project of The Panda Eyes is moving on. This was posted by Helen from jrhysmeyers.com. Thanks to her for this. king king king

http://jrhysmeyers.com/

Catherine Macphail who wrote the book ‘Another Me’ in which the film is based on confirmed earlier today that Jonathan will be starring alongside Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark, Game of Thrones) and Ivana Baquero. The name of the character Jonathan will play is yet to be confirmed.
Production is due to commence November 25th of this year in Cardiff.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: New project?? Panda Eyes   New project?? Panda Eyes Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 10:35 am

Catherine MacPhail also said that she thinks Jonny will play the Dad. And that this is a meaty role. I think I also read in a tweet from catherine that it is a really creepy script. Obviusly she has seen the script.

All good news,even though I am not really fond of creepy movies. But I am willing to give it a go when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
trufa

trufa

PostSubject: Re: New project?? Panda Eyes   New project?? Panda Eyes Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 1:20 pm

Catherine Macphail ‏@CathyMacphail

Okay, Panda Eyes/Another Me news. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is playing the teacher. Rhys Ifrans is playing the dad!
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: New project?? Panda Eyes   New project?? Panda Eyes Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 2:42 am

trufa wrote:
Catherine Macphail ‏@CathyMacphail

Okay, Panda Eyes/Another Me news. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is playing the teacher. Rhys Ifrans is playing the dad!

Great news.... king king king
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: New project?? Panda Eyes   New project?? Panda Eyes Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 7:30 pm

Two tweets from the writer of the book Another Me on which Panda Eyes is based.

25 november 12 om 11:35 's middags
Catherine Macphail‏@CathyMacphail
Home at last. Couldn't tweet on set. Great experience! And Jonny says thank you for all your support. He loves you all!
Geretweet door Jonathan Rhys Meyers

26 november 12 om 8:05 's middags
Catherine Macphail‏@CathyMacphail
For all Jonny's fans, you'll have to wait for photos and film news! Sworn to secrecy( Not by Jonny!) he is a joy! Gorgeous, sexy, friendly!
Geretweet door Jonathan Rhys Meyers
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: New project?? Panda Eyes   New project?? Panda Eyes Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 7:34 pm

And the first photo of Jonny in Cardiff. Fan photo that is.

New project?? Panda Eyes JonnyinCardiff
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: New project?? Panda Eyes   New project?? Panda Eyes Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:28 pm

Cathy MacPhail also tweeted

@CathyMacphail: @vilivili20 He was so impressed to have so many fans all over the world!

Isn't that sweet. He must know he has fans all over the world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New project?? Panda Eyes   New project?? Panda Eyes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New project?? Panda Eyes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next