JRM curious
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all things Jonathan Rhys Meyers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questions about JRM!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JessySAB

Questions about JRM!  Empty
PostSubject: Questions about JRM!    Questions about JRM!  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 9:28 pm

As I said, I'm a new fan and of course I read a little bit about Johnny's biography.

But now I have a few questions and I hope somebody can tell me.

I know Johnny has three brothers but also two sisters, are those sisters are from a second marriage of his father or from another relationship of his mother?

I read after his parents separated that Johnny and one of three brothers contuined to life with their mother and the other two with his father. Why that? Has Johnny and his brother at this time contact to the other two brothers?

I read that Johnny lived in a few countries, in which?

I also read that he had drug problems, but I have the impression that alcohol was his only problem, or I'm false here?

He suffers from dreppesion and he went to therapy since he was a child?

Can anybody help me? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Questions about JRM!    Questions about JRM!  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 9:07 pm

Jonny has two sisters, but doesn't really mention them. Not because he doesn't have contact with them, but because they want to uphold their private life. It is not really known whose they are.

Yes, jonny and Ali lived with his mother and Jamie and Paul with their paternal grandfather (not his father). It is not known for how long and if their was contact, but I reckon their was, as Jonny's family all live in Cork.

For work Jonny has lived in many countries, I don't know which all, but it is not that important I think. He grew up in Cork and lived in Ireland until he moved to London around 2005. He also owns or owned a house in LA.

I also think Jonny only had alcohol problems. But I guess here also counts that it is for Jonny to really know.

I don't know about the depression for sure. It seems that way, but this is also only for Jonny and the people close to him to know. He did pnce in an interview say he has had therapy since he was 11, if I recall correctly. With interviews you never really know if it is all exactly what he said, if it is a written interview, as this was. But it doesn't strike me as odd, but that is just my opinion and not fact.

Hope this helps. Even if just a little.
Back to top Go down
JessySAB

PostSubject: Re: Questions about JRM!    Questions about JRM!  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 10:20 pm

Thanks Audrey, you gave me great answers!  Very Happy  I love you 

Back to top Go down
Krystal77

PostSubject: Re: Questions about JRM!    Questions about JRM!  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 1:14 am

Johnny's two half-sisters are the daughters of his father. I'm not sure if Johnny's father married the other woman or not.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Questions about JRM!    Questions about JRM!  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 9:07 pm

Hi Krystell, thanks for that, but how do you know this?
Back to top Go down
Krystal77

PostSubject: Re: Questions about JRM!    Questions about JRM!  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 10:18 pm

From various Facebook posts. JRM's dad (using a fake name), all of his siblings, and most of their spouses are on FB. His sister Maria's page either has tighter privacy settings or she doesn't post much, but his sister Sharon posts a good amount. She posted a pic where she referred to JRM's dad as her father.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Questions about JRM!    Questions about JRM!  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 7:03 pm

Yes, I had seen that and had figured out she is his fathers, especially since I have seen on Facebook that her birthday is about ten months after brother Paul's and they are born in the same year, according to their ages. But I doubt about Maria.

Quote from Irish Examiner about his mother's funeral:

Dressed in a simple dark suit, a clean-shaven Jonathan clutched his girlfriend Reena Hammer’s hand as they walked past a carpet of floral tributes on their way into the church.

They were followed by his brothers Alan, Paul and Jamie, who spent some time reading the tributes, their sister Maria, their mother’s partner John O’Neill, her former husband Johnny O’Keeffe, and her beloved grandson, Dylan, who is Alan’s son.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/archives/2007/1124/world/jonathan-rhys-meyers-buries-aposthe-best-mother-a-son-could-haveapos-48751.html

And a reference in Metro.co.uk
http://metro.co.uk/2007/11/23/jonathan-to-attend-mothers-funeral-545512/
Back to top Go down
JessySAB

PostSubject: Re: Questions about JRM!    Questions about JRM!  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 8:23 pm

I have another question, in August Rush there were the songs "Break", "Moondance", "Something Inside", and "This Time". Is JRM the composer, did he wrote those songs or just the vocals????
Back to top Go down
GalaxyLife

GalaxyLife

PostSubject: Re: Questions about JRM!    Questions about JRM!  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 10:35 pm

I believe he just sang those songs. He didn't write/compose any of those songs. But the lyrics are beautiful Smile
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Questions about JRM!    Questions about JRM!  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 9:44 am

You are right, Rafa. He only sang the songs of August Rush.
Back to top Go down
Krystal77

PostSubject: Re: Questions about JRM!    Questions about JRM!  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 12:49 am

If you're on Sharon's FB page, scroll down to the picture she posted on February 1st. It's a pic of Sharon, Maria, their mom (apparently), their dad, and Paul. If Maria was not John O'Keeffe's daughter, I doubt she would be in that picture with him.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Questions about JRM!    Questions about JRM!  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 7:58 am

You might be right, Krystell, but the comments actually talk about Sharon's mother. It doesn't say anything about Maria. And if they both have the same mother, why woyld they have different surnames? Although that doesn't mean Maria can't be John's daughter.

I guess we will never really know. And it diesn't really matter either. It's their private life.
Back to top Go down
JessySAB

PostSubject: Re: Questions about JRM!    Questions about JRM!  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 6:32 pm

I read that one of his sisters is older than Jonny and one younger! But is this possible? JRM's father was 17 when Jonny was born, if that story is true, than that means he had another child at a very young age, with 15? 16? with another girlfriend????
Back to top Go down
Krystal77

PostSubject: Re: Questions about JRM!    Questions about JRM!  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 12:22 am

"why would they have different surnames?" Isn't it possible they've both been married and changed their last names? I have two sisters and none of us have the same last name (any more).

That would be possible.

But I am pretty sure I have seen somewhere that Maria is older than Jonny, so, what are the odds Jonny's father had a daughter even before Jonny considering his age?
And why would a newspaper write that Maria is Geraldine's (Jonny's mother) daughter, if that wouldn't be the case? And even the priest said Maria was her daughter.

From the photo you have assumed they must be sisters, but the comment only referred to Sharon. You wrote that Maria wouldn't be there if John O'Keeffe wasn't her father, but if Maria is indeed older than Jonathan then it is very likely that Maria has been living with the family during John and Geraldines marriage and then it wouldn't be strange.

But, like I said before, we will never really know and it is a private thing of Jonny and his family.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about JRM!    Questions about JRM!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions about JRM!
Page 1 of 1