JRM curious
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all things Jonathan Rhys Meyers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jonny as Dracula

Go down 
+10
Crissie
vegas4
Audrey
trufa
Jellyfish
Editha171071
With Jonathan
gaja
Redstar
Shanti
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Shanti

Shanti

Jonny as Dracula Empty
PostSubject: Jonny will be Dracula, it's official   Jonny as Dracula Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:47 am

Good news at last. This was published today in Deadline.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/nbc-orders-10-episode-dracula-series-starring-jonathan-rhys-meyers/

And another confirmation ......

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Dracula-NBC-Jonathan-Rhys-Meyers-1050426.aspx

I wish Jonny, good luck in this new challenge. king king king

Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Jonny as Dracula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:15 am

And here's more data in this links, posted in JRMfansite. sunny sunny sunny

http://tvline.com/2012/07/24/dracula-nbc-jonathan-rhys-meyers/

http://www.hitfix.com/news/jonathan-rhys-meyers-sinks-his-teeth-into-nbcs-dracula

Back to top Go down
Redstar

Redstar

Jonny as Dracula Empty
PostSubject: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 4:00 am

A new miniseries to sink our teeth into!

NBC And Sky Living HD Announce New Drama Series 'Dracula,' Starring Golden Globe Winner Jonathan Rhys Meyers In An Epic Tale Of Love And Revenge
July 24, 2012 4:40 PM
Tags: Dracula, Jonathan Rhys Meyers

The Ten-Episode Series Is A Co-Production Of Universal Television, Carnival Films & Television, Flame Ventures, Playground, And Sky Living

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. & LONDON -- July 24, 2012 - NBC and Sky Living today announced the co-production of "Dracula," a provocative new drama series version of the classic Bram Stoker novel starring Golden Globe winner Jonathan Rhys Meyers ("The Tudors," "Elvis") in the title role. It was announced jointly today by Universal Television Executive Vice President Bela Bajaria, and Sky's Head of Drama, Anne Mensah.

"Dracula" is from the producers behind the critically acclaimed, Emmy Award-winning hit "Downton Abbey," Carnival Films & Television, along with Flame Ventures and Playground, and will begin production later this year.

The 10-episode series introduces Dracula as he arrives in London, posing as an American entrepreneur who maintains that he wants to bring modern science to Victorian society. In reality, he hopes to wreak revenge on the people who ruined his life centuries earlier. There's only one circumstance that can potentially thwart his plan: Dracula falls hopelessly in love with a woman who seems to be a reincarnation of his dead wife.

Based on a script by co-executive producer Cole Haddon, "Dracula" will be executive-produced by former president of HBO Films and Emmy winner Colin Callender ("The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby") for Playground, Tony Krantz ("24", "Sports Night") for Flame Ventures, Gareth Neame ("Downton Abbey") for Carnival Films & Television (part of NBCUniversal International Television Production), Anne Mensah for Sky, and Universal Television. Reece Pearson from Flame Ventures is also co-executive producer.

Bajaria said: "We are thrilled to produce this smart, sophisticated, and provocative re-imagining of 'Dracula,' in partnership with Colin, Tony and our International studio arm and Sky Living for NBC Network. It is a timeless tale with relevant, surprising twists and turns with the exquisite Jonathan Rhys Meyers in the marquee role."

Michael Edelstein, President, NBCUniversal International Television Production, said: "We are delighted that Jonathan Rhys Meyers has chosen this project to return to television and have built an amazing team of producers behind the camera to deliver this extraordinary show. Since 1897, the story of Dracula has captivated readers and viewers alike and this sexy, updated twist on the classic also promises not to disappoint."

Mensah, Sky's Head of Drama, commented: "I am so pleased to be announcing our first-ever co-production with NBCUniversal and we are delighted to be bringing an actor as exciting as Jonathan Rhys Meyers to Sky. 'Dracula' combines the biggest and best talent both in front of and behind the camera and will keep our customers intrigued and enthralled. With its dark, twisted and intelligent script it absolutely sets the scale, tone and ambition for future dramas on Sky Living."

Antonia Hurford-Jones, Acting Director, Sky Living added: "As one of the nation's most iconic literary characters, this new incarnation of 'Dracula' feels like the perfect fit for our Sky Living audience. It's an extremely exciting time for the channel and this co-production with NBCUniversal marks the start of big things to come."

"Dracula" is the latest in a series of co-productions embarked on by Sky, with previous projects including "Treasure Island" and "Strike Back." Sky last year signaled its commitment to original production by increasing its investment in original British content by 50 per cent over the next three years. By 2014, Sky expects to invest £600 million a year on home grown content across its portfolio of channels.

Additional casting and production details will be announced at a later date.

About NBC Entertainment:
NBC Entertainment develops and schedules programming for the network's primetime, late-night, and daytime schedules. NBC's quality programs and balanced lineup have earned the network critical acclaim, numerous awards, and ratings success. NBC has earned more Emmy Awards than any network in television history.

NBC's roster of popular scripted series includes the Emmy Award-winning comedies "The Office" and "30 Rock," as well as the critically acclaimed "Parks and Recreation" and "Community." NBC's drama slate is highlighted by the veteran, award-winning series "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" and "Parenthood," along with the popular recent additions "Smash" and "Grimm." Unscripted series for NBC include the vocal competition hit "The Voice" as well as "The Biggest Loser," "The Celebrity Apprentice" and the perennial #1 most-watched summer series, "America's Got Talent."

In late-night, NBC regularly delivers #1 broadcast results with "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon," "Last Call with Carson Daly" and "Saturday Night Live." NBC Daytime's "Days of our Lives" consistently ranks among daytime's top programs in the valuable women 18-34 category.

The five-time, Emmy Award-winning NBC.com streams full episodes and provides original content for NBC entertainment shows online and through apps for mobile and tablet devices.

NBC recently launched NBC Kids, a new Saturday morning programming block designed specifically to address the developmental needs of preschool-aged children. Programmed by the kids' experts at Sprout, the nation's first 24-hour preschool television channel, this new three-hour block will feature educational series that promote active, healthy lifestyles for younger children.

About Sky Living:
Sky Living HD is one of the U.K.'s ultimate entertainment destinations on TV, brining customers the highest quality U.K. and U.S. productions.

Hugely successful commissions including "Bedlam," "Love Machine" and "Britain & Ireland's Next Top Model," hosted by global style icon Elle Macpherson and now in its eighth season, have emerged as some of the U.K.'s most talked-about programs.

Sky Living HD begins a new journey from August with the launch of several strong, aspirational, female-facing programs -- including Rihanna's new show "Styled to Rock," an brand new season of "Mount Pleasant," new comedy "Gates," script-edited by Jennifer Saunders and starring Sue Johnston, Joanna Page and Tom Ellis, as well as "The Spa" -- a new comedy from Derren Litten, the creator of "Benidorm," coming later in the year.

Sky Living HD has also built a reputation for identifying and bringing its customers the best U.S. shows including; "Bones," "Cougar Town," "Grey's Anatomy," "Unforgettable," "Supernatural," "Criminal Minds" and "America's Next Top Model." And this autumn will see one of the most talked-about new U.S. shows join this already amazing lineup as "Elementary," starring Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu, comes to Sky Living.

Sky Living HD's is available at channel 107 cementing its place in Sky's strengthened entertainment line-up, on the front page of the Sky EPG.
Back to top Go down
gaja

gaja

Jonny as Dracula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:28 am

cool i love jrm as Dracula
Back to top Go down
With Jonathan

With Jonathan

Jonny as Dracula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:39 am

It's the best news. I think it will be incredible Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Editha171071

Editha171071

Jonny as Dracula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 10:19 am

I can not wait too see him as Dracula. bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

He look sure better as Robert Pettinson. lol!

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/editha.herrmann
gaja

gaja

Jonny as Dracula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 11:34 am

'm glad he listened to me I wanted to see him as a vampire Smile Very Happy I hope he has long hair . Dracula has long hair . if not then he is to me no dracula
Back to top Go down
Jellyfish

Jellyfish

Jonny as Dracula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 12:39 pm

Oh YES! cyclops and Oh NO! No I mean, I'm happy to see his cute little face again soon (plus in this role, I mean to me he looks like reincarnation of count Dracula itself, scary but sexy I love you) but he sold himself to this world wide obsession with vampires. Crying or Very sad
Eh, what the hell, he can bite my neck whenever he wants! Very Happy

Last edited by Jellyfish on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Error with sell:sold. Heh...)
Back to top Go down
Editha171071

Editha171071

Jonny as Dracula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:24 pm

I have write on Twitter to Jonny.

I wish him much fun for his new project Count Dracula.
When he need Blood i will give him. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
trufa

trufa

Jonny as Dracula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:47 pm

HEy a good new. I hope that the result will be good. Yes like you sais Jelly well all vampires in the last years.... but I know that this serie will be good.... not like twilight... I ´m very excited about the others actors that play in it.

Like you can see I merge this topic with the other in general discusion. I think that it´s better here Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Jonny as Dracula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:39 am

You did the right thing, Trufa. Sorry, my mistake. Embarassed And speaking about this great news, it's so refreshing to read good things about him. Very important people are involved in this project and Jonny has had very good press around it. Yesterday I read this "star JRM is a good start". It can't be better. king king king
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

Jonny as Dracula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 5:52 pm

For months and months there is no news on Jonny and for one day I don't read anything on facebook, twitter or the forum and there is huge news! But great news it is. I never watched Dracula and vampire stuff, well except for Supernatural, but I think I am going to like this project. I believe it will be made with style. And Jonny would be great in this, I am sure of that.
Back to top Go down
gaja

gaja

Jonny as Dracula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 7:14 pm

Jonny as Dracula 524505_500687446612937_1138429192_n

must look like that as a vampire

Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

Jonny as Dracula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 8:23 pm

There is an official facebook page for Dracula now: https://www.facebook.com/pages/NBCs-Dracula/257517907693083

And a Twitter page, @NBCDracula. The tweets are shielded, so you have to request permission to follow.
Back to top Go down
Editha171071

Editha171071

Jonny as Dracula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 8:47 pm

That is the new picture from NBC.

Jonny as Dracula 48771410
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Jonny as Dracula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 3:02 am

Thanks Editha, this is a great promotion, with Jonny front row center. It's wonderful and I can not be happier to see this. sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
trufa

trufa

Jonny as Dracula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:52 am

Thanks for the info girls! but about the pic... is an older pic of Jonny from complex magazine I think... why they didn´t do an actual photo? This is good obviously. I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you but....Oh well sorrry I know that this is a stupid thing!
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

Jonny as Dracula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 10:07 am

JRM Fansite wrote that the twitter isn't active yet. Might explain why you can't access it. It will prob come soon.
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Jonny as Dracula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 5:44 am

News about upcoming NBC series Dracula. Besides Jonny as leading man, there is still nothing about the rest of the cast. sunny sunny sunny

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/carnivale-creator-to-run-nbcs-dracula/
Back to top Go down
Redstar

Redstar

Jonny as Dracula Empty
PostSubject: 'Carnivale' Creator Counted on to Reboot Dracula for TV   Jonny as Dracula Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 3:14 am

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2012/10/15/carnivale-creator-counts-new-dracula

"NBC has ordered a new “Dracula” series from writer Cole Haddon and the production team behind “Downton Abbey.”
It's the program's new showrunner who promises to make the series more than just another trendy vampire project.

The new show will be set in 1890s London. Dracula poses as an American entrepreneur hoping to bring modern science to the Victorian society. His true motive, though, is to exact revenge on those who destroyed his life many years before. Jonathan Rhys Meyers of "The Tudors" fame is set to star as the titular Dracula.

During the summer's TCA presentation, NBC Entertainment president Robert Greenblatt stated, "In the world of ‘Twilight’ and ‘True Blood’ and all the contemporized stories, we thought we'd go back to the original.” Understandably, some viewers were probably thinking this will just end up being another "Vampire Diaries.”

Well, have no fear.

Last week, NBC announced that it has brought in "Carnivalé" creator Daniel Knauf to serve as show runner and head writer. Still skeptical that the series will feature glittery, emoting vampires? Daniel helped squelch those fears recently on Twitter.

When asked if the series would watered down since it is airing on a network instead of a cable channel, Knauf wrote, "Believe me, we’ll be pushing the outside of the broadcast envelope as far as content goes.”

And with regards to the metrosexualization of recent vampire fare, he also puts that assumption to rest.

“And not wimpy post-millennium, self-actualizing, oh-so-tortured, Abercrombie-&-Fitch, ‘sparkling’ Dracula. Victorian badass Dracula.” He also promises “55% sex, 30%violence, 10% kinky, 5% smoldering.”

Hopefully, NBC will not meddle too much and will give Knauf free reign to work his magic. The series is set to debut next year."

I cannot wait to see this! bounce

Back to top Go down
Editha171071

Editha171071

Jonny as Dracula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:16 am

Daniel Knauf write on Twitter:

Dracula for NBC. We premiere in Fall. John Rhys Meyers. Downton Abbey people handling physical production in Budapest.
Back to top Go down
vegas4

vegas4

Jonny as Dracula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 1:47 pm

hey guys ..i heard that they need to start shooting in Hungary in january...do you know somethign more about that??? thankss santa
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

Jonny as Dracula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 3:38 pm

Vegas, they start shooting in Hungary, and from Daniel Knauf's tweet I gather that it is apparently in Budapest, in February. Other than that, there is no news.
Back to top Go down
vegas4

vegas4

Jonny as Dracula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 5:37 pm

thanks audrey i already found that ....Smile i hopes that they gonna put some more information...becouseeee Budapest here i come Wink)))))))
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

Jonny as Dracula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 6:58 pm

How far from Budapest are you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jonny as Dracula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny as Dracula   Jonny as Dracula Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jonny as Dracula
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next