JRM curious
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all things Jonathan Rhys Meyers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jonny's quotes

Go down 
+5
gaja
Alara
Shanti
trufa
Audrey
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Audrey

Audrey

Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 8:08 am

I like what the barber said about Jonny. And Trufa, reading things about Jonny makes me feel proud of him too. And it just makes me love him most of the time. Like Glenn Close said: he's such a beautiful soul.
Back to top Go down
Alara
Admin
Alara

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:38 pm

(On becoming a successful actor): “If you want to work, if you want to be successful, you have to struggle, you have to travel. You have to forgo relationships because they don’t work, which I’ve learnt to my detriment. You have to forgo friends.”

It's almost a ruthless thing to say, but I guess also very realistic. It's very hard to strike the balance between your career and your private life when you have to work a lot. Keeping a long-distance relationship is hard, friendships suffer as well. I've been in a LD relationship, worked, went to uni, tried to make it all work out. But you have to cut some corners. Crying or Very sad It's just the way it is.
Back to top Go down
https://jrmcurious.forumotion.com
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 3:01 pm

Alara wrote:
(On becoming a successful actor): “If you want to work, if you want to be successful, you have to struggle, you have to travel. You have to forgo relationships because they don’t work, which I’ve learnt to my detriment. You have to forgo friends.”

It's almost a ruthless thing to say, but I guess also very realistic. It's very hard to strike the balance between your career and your private life when you have to work a lot. Keeping a long-distance relationship is hard, friendships suffer as well. I've been in a LD relationship, worked, went to uni, tried to make it all work out. But you have to cut some corners. Crying or Very sad It's just the way it is.

Didn't respond to this yet. It's a beatiful quote from Jonny. It shows how realistic he is and how, I think, also his intelligence.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 3:03 pm

I like this quote as well. It shows how must he loves/loved Reena. I can only imagine how heart broken he must have been when his relationship ended.

'I care for Reena more than I've cared for anyone. She's so amazing. Having loved her for so long has changed my whole idea of relationships with women'

The quote is from an interview in Daily Mail in 2010. I will post it in the interview thread.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 3:56 pm

Two other nice quotes:

“When they sent me the script and said they wanted me to play Henry VIII, I said it was ridiculous. The concept was ridiculous that I could play King Henry VIII. Then I understood what they wanted. They wanted to bring a sense of history to a much younger generation.”

“In The Tudors I’ve only slept with like 22 people. Which is not bad because if I go out in London on a Saturday night and I say to some handsome young dude or some handsome young girl that’s standing in the club: ‘How many people have you slept with this year?’ ‘Er about 50′. So it’s not so much.”
Back to top Go down
Alara
Admin
Alara

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 4:20 pm

Audrey wrote:
Two other nice quotes:

“When they sent me the script and said they wanted me to play Henry VIII, I said it was ridiculous. The concept was ridiculous that I could play King Henry VIII. Then I understood what they wanted. They wanted to bring a sense of history to a much younger generation.”

“In The Tudors I’ve only slept with like 22 people. Which is not bad because if I go out in London on a Saturday night and I say to some handsome young dude or some handsome young girl that’s standing in the club: ‘How many people have you slept with this year?’ ‘Er about 50′. So it’s not so much.”

Th first one is quite clever. The second is understandable but, I'll look totally conservative now but, 50 people, IN A YEAR...EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid lol!
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:04 pm

Quote :
The second is understandable but, I'll look totally conservative now but, 50 people, IN A YEAR...EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

I agree there, but at least he's not saying he is sleeping with 50 people a year!

Back to top Go down
gaja

gaja

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:53 pm

that 20 persons Was that before he was involved with Reena otherwise he 20 women / men reena 20 men 10 more and you have also 50 Wink
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 9:33 pm

gaja wrote:
that 20 persons Was that before he was involved with Reena otherwise he 20 women / men reena 20 men 10 more and you have also 50 Wink

lol! lol! lol!
But the 20 people he 'had' was in The Tudors. He meant that he slept with 22 people as Henry VIII.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 2:53 pm

Spottiswoode on why he casted Jonathan for Children of Huang Shi:

Roger Spottiswoode: Well, I liked him from Bend it Like Beckham, and from Match Point, two very different performances. And then when I met him, I thought he had a kind of youthful - not naiveté, but innocence and energy, and sort of a real sense that he could do things. And he had the right kind of approach to life that I thought was good for Hogg. And I thought from the two films that he really can act. And I'd seen him in a couple of other things, I think. So I thought he's very good. But his essential nature is right for this. And I think I was right about that. He does have this kind of exuberance. And - you know, he paces around the set. He likes to work all the time, you know? He's got all this energy. And he's exactly the same age, and he knows England, and he knows that kind of character.

http://www.femail.com.au/roger-spottiswoode-the-children-of-huang-shi-interview.htm
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 2:55 pm

This is from an interview he gave in Japan. I will put the interview in the interview thread as well. But I love this quote from it:

My motto...um..it will pass, everything will pass. So you're if you're feeling good, you know that you will feel bad. If you feel bad, you know that you will feel good. So, I think that's probably ..will pass..be brave.
Back to top Go down
Alara
Admin
Alara

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 8:44 am

Audrey, those two are AMAZING. Shocked I'm in a mood today that can be described as "easily impressed" but that doesn't take away from the fact that I read those two and went WHOOHOOOOOOO!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
trufa

trufa

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:06 pm

Audrey wrote:
Spottiswoode on why he casted Jonathan for Children of Huang Shi:

Roger Spottiswoode: Well, I liked him from Bend it Like Beckham, and from Match Point, two very different performances. And then when I met him, I thought he had a kind of youthful - not naiveté, but innocence and energy, and sort of a real sense that he could do things. And he had the right kind of approach to life that I thought was good for Hogg. And I thought from the two films that he really can act. And I'd seen him in a couple of other things, I think. So I thought he's very good. But his essential nature is right for this. And I think I was right about that. He does have this kind of exuberance. And - you know, he paces around the set. He likes to work all the time, you know? He's got all this energy. And he's exactly the same age, and he knows England, and he knows that kind of character.

http://www.femail.com.au/roger-spottiswoode-the-children-of-huang-shi-interview.htm

Thanks for those Audrey ! Are great!!!! cheers cheers cheers I put in bold an large font this sentence because sometimes , when he started his career ,he said that he´s like a workoholic or similar. I think that this energy made feel him better..he´s happy when he´s working.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 8:38 am

Thought I put up a few more quotes from Jonny:

Every man is different. And we are not all bad.

On charisma:
I can turn it on like tap water. Even if I'm not feeling great, I can pull together some essence of charm. But it doesn't always work.

I look more like a rock star than a serious actor. But if I would look like a serious actor no one would fucking hire me.

I just love the way he is so conscious of himself.
Back to top Go down
gaja

gaja

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:30 am

Jonathan Rhys Meyers Quotes
Did Reena Hammer press charges on my physical abuse? Didn't think so.
When I heard Reena say her dirty secret that she liked to see me get drunk and make a fool of myself so she could feel better about herself, I did not believe it. After someone has told you lies over the past six years, you trust them. She pulled the wool over my eyes, and I felt the atercations at airports were due to the resentment I was hiding!

I do not know whether he really said it I was not there but I found it on the internet
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 1:07 pm

gaja wrote:
Did Reena Hammer press charges on my physical abuse? Didn't think so.
When I heard Reena say her dirty secret that she liked to see me get drunk and make a fool of myself so she could feel better about herself, I did not believe it. After someone has told you lies over the past six years, you trust them. She pulled the wool over my eyes, and I felt the atercations at airports were due to the resentment I was hiding!

I do not know whether he really said it I was not there but I found it on the internet

Where did you find this and when dies itbsay he has said this. He hasn't given an interview ever since October 2010. And that was at the Abu Dhabi film festival, where he was with Reena. I can't be certain off course, like Gaja said, I wasn't there, but honestly, I don't believe this. I think it's just as much nonsense as the whole story about Reena talking dirt on Jonny.
Back to top Go down
gaja

gaja

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 1:11 pm

Jonathan Rhys Meyers Quotes - Quotes - LucyWho.com
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 8:41 pm

"I always think there will be that time that people will find out that I’m crap at what I do. I think they’ll figure out I’m crap. Doesn’t everybody have that feeling?" - Jonathan Rhys Meyers about himself

Back to top Go down
Jellyfish

Jellyfish

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 7:48 am

Audrey wrote:
"I always think there will be that time that people will find out that I’m crap at what I do. I think they’ll figure out I’m crap. Doesn’t everybody have that feeling?" - Jonathan Rhys Meyers about himself

Don't steal my quote girl! Rolling Eyes Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down
gaja

gaja

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 8:32 am

I think it is important to stay close to your roots and be true to yourself, be honest. I don`t want to play games in Hollywood and pretend to be someone else. I still suffer from insecurity and that situation would make it worse.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:23 am

Jellyfish wrote:
Audrey wrote:

haha, is that yours? Sorry.
But anyhow, how can I steal a quote from you if it's Jonny's quote. LOL (for some reason the emoticons don't work, stupid work network)
Back to top Go down
Jellyfish

Jellyfish

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 3:13 pm

Audrey wrote:
Jellyfish wrote:
Audrey wrote:

haha, is that yours? Sorry.
But anyhow, how can I steal a quote from you if it's Jonny's quote. LOL (for some reason the emoticons don't work, stupid work network)

Lol! I'll pretend I didn't hear you (I mean, read you). Twisted Evil I read somewhere something he said about butterflies, I'll find that too. That quote I didn't understand very well, my mind is not enlightened enough, but I guess it's a sublime thought.
Back to top Go down
Jellyfish

Jellyfish

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 1:09 pm

I promised and here it goes:

"It's time to start thinking seriously about things. I wouldn't want to do the 20s again, you know? You go through your 20s sort of like a chrysalis in many ways, stretching into your own skin and trying to bust out of a cocoon. You want to be a butterfly and you just think of everything as, "Ooh, what fun can I have here?" Suspect

Jonathan Rhys Meyers about liberation inside of your own skin... and about naughty butterflies too
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 7:36 pm

Well, my way with words is not like his either, but I think he means that in your twenties you are mostly seeking to have fun and that one is still really trying to find oneself, you know, discover yourself and who you are.

Those teenage years aren't enough to discover oneself, for most, I think. And, i think, that it might be even harder when you have started working full time at such a young afe. Not going to school anymore, and all. School and college or uni are basically the places where you really discover yourself. He mist out a little bit on that. Just my thoughts, mind you, I might be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Jellyfish

Jellyfish

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 8:28 am

Audrey wrote:
Well, my way with words is not like his either, but I think he means that in your twenties you are mostly seeking to have fun and that one is still really trying to find oneself, you know, discover yourself and who you are.

Those teenage years aren't enough to discover oneself, for most, I think. And, i think, that it might be even harder when you have started working full time at such a young afe. Not going to school anymore, and all. School and college or uni are basically the places where you really discover yourself. He mist out a little bit on that. Just my thoughts, mind you, I might be wrong.

Yeah, I know what he meant to say, I just didn't figure it out first time. Wink
I'm totally agree that 20s are the most turbulent years, everybody wants us to behave mature, responsibly, to think about our future but we are in our "not a girl not yet a woman" phase and just want to have fun and make some noise. I speak from my own experience, while my parents daydream about my employment and my first salary, all I want is to go somewhere, Switzerland or Benelux countries, I don't care, for a few months to volunteer and to enjoy. He had good point here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jonny's quotes   Jonny's quotes - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jonny's quotes
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
JRM curious :: All things Jonathan :: General Discusion-
Jump to: