JRM curious
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all things Jonathan Rhys Meyers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

From Paris With Love

Go down 
+3
Audrey
trufa
Alara
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alara
Admin
Alara

From Paris With Love Empty
PostSubject: From Paris With Love   From Paris With Love Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 9:47 am

I have to say I didn't like From Paris with love much. Suspect

I know he wanted to do a blockbuster but it just didn't hit the spot for me. To compare the banter and energy that Jonny and Travolta had with the vibe in Lethal weapon, well, it just wasn't there for me. It didn't feel like a buddy comedy to me.

I know it's an action flick and maybe I was thinking into it too much, but the fact is, I believe the characters could of been written better. I found Travolta's out-of-this-world and bigger-than-life character annoying through the best part of the film. I didn't laugh with them, I didn't feel for them, the best part of the film seemed like random action sequences, not entertaining, almost mindless.

I didn't really understand why didn't they just leave the coke in the car until they used it (broke the vase, if that was planned to begin with). Someone enlighten me, please.

Who were the terrorists, what's their agenda (except in the ending where they stop the bomb from going off)?

Travolta's character annoyed me because he seemed trigger happy with no conscience. I did't expect him to be filled with remorse but he just seemed to happy killing people. Bang, bang, bang! He seems to love it but the character lacks humour, he's not Eugene Tackleberry from the Police Academy or Sledge Hammer, the detective. He's just not likeable in that sense.

Jonny got bloody, Travolta didn't even get creased. Very Happy OK, Jonny was the newbie, but they were in the same shootings for crying out loud! Very Happy

As the movie goes on, their partnership developes a bit and gets somewhat better, you see more to the quite flat characters that they were portraying. I started to sympathise with Jonny's character, the betrayed, trusting lover. Though he was a bit daft. Not knowing anything about the girl you're living with? Huh? Travolta seemed to care for Jonny there so he got a dimension too, sort of.

I don't think Jonny and Travolta had the best connection to be honest.

I liked the ending best, it had emotional charge, Caroline wavering, Jonny teary eyed. Funny jeans.

Laughed at the lady delegate lady, she seemed a bit thick, been told of the security breech but wanted someone fired, that was amusing.

All in all, it wasn't very good, it seemed uninspired and I didn't care for the characters and their, somewhat obscured cause, I didn't feel like they were doing the right thing, didn't understand where they were coming from in some parts and it could of been much much better if the characters had more meat and if there was more humour.

If you do a sequel people, do it with more heart.
Back to top Go down
https://jrmcurious.forumotion.com
trufa

trufa

PostSubject: Re: From Paris With Love   From Paris With Love Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 4:21 pm

I hope that he never do a sequel..or if they´ll do please Jonny never do it!!!!

Well I think that isn´t a good movie and yes you can pass half and hour to see a very gorgeous man ( I´m talking about Jonny......lol! ) with his fantastic glasess... and....no more......I never see this film on cinema,but I remember that when I went to saw Sherlock Holmes..... before the movie I could see the trailer of "FPWL"....and I thought: "WTF! why this movie JOnny???" and next:"How is possible that you´re one of this men which glasses looks like you´re a supermodel???""OMG!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Alara
Admin
Alara

PostSubject: Re: From Paris With Love   From Paris With Love Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 5:12 pm

LOL, yeah there's lots of Jonny in FPWL, that made it worth watching. That and that only. lol!

He does look fantastic in those glasses.

From Paris With Love 9uysgl
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: From Paris With Love   From Paris With Love Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 8:14 pm

Well, FPWL could have been a better action movie, and does not compare to Lethal Weapon, but I did enjoy it. It is just easy watching and I like that sometimes.

The story was deliberately kept light to avoid having to explain too much. Nevertheless I would have liked a little bit more insight into why James Reece's girlfriend (can't remember her name) had become a terrorist. It seemed to be for love of the other terrorist. And I know love can make very, very blind, but it was a bit thin to me.

I don't think Jonny and John Travolta didn't have chemistry. They did, but their characters where so very different that it may not have always come across enough.

Alara, I can understand why you don't get why they didn't leave the vase full of coke in the car, but I might be able to offer at least some sort of explanation: you don't just leave a vase full of coke with a very high street value in a car when you are in those bad neighbourhoords of Paris, and it adds to the daftness of Jonny's character and it is suppose to bring humour to the movie.

I have heard some of you say there was no humour and names like Sledge Hammer or Police Academy. I don't think that is really fair. It's a different kind of humour, one that I like a lot more than Sledge Hammer, which I really, really hated (Police Academy is alright). But I guess it's not the kind of humour you two are in too, and that's alright. Everyone his own. I enjoyed the movie, though it's certainly not Jonny's best and I do prefer him more in other roles.
Back to top Go down
Alara
Admin
Alara

PostSubject: Re: From Paris With Love   From Paris With Love Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 11:22 pm

Quote :
Well, FPWL could have been a better action movie, and does not compare to Lethal Weapon, but I did enjoy it. It is just easy watching and I like that sometimes.

I like easy films Very Happy , when you know you don't need to worry about the characters getting hurt,just relax and watch it roll. I think my review may have come across as a bit harsh. I didn't like the movie but I don't think it was horrible.

Quote :
The story was deliberately kept light to avoid having to explain too much. Nevertheless I would have liked a little bit more insight into why James Reece's girlfriend (can't remember her name) had become a terrorist. It seemed to be for love of the other terrorist. And I know love can make very, very blind, but it was a bit thin to me.

Very much agree with you there.

Quote :
I don't think Jonny and John Travolta didn't have chemistry. They did, but their characters where so very different that it may not have always come across enough.

I guess I didn't really feel it. It didn't seem real to me. It wasn't because of the difference in characters,at least i don't think it was, because you get juxtaposed characters often in buddy comedies. Gawd, I hope juxtaposed can be used like that. confused Just ignore my language mistakes,please. lol!

Quote :
Alara, I can understand why you don't get why they didn't leave the vase full of coke in the car, but I might be able to offer at least some sort of explanation: you don't just leave a vase full of coke with a very high street value in a car when you are in those bad neighbourhoords of Paris, and it adds to the daftness of Jonny's character and it is suppose to bring humour to the movie.

I know, but my point was they could of hidden it. Not leave it in plain sight, perhaps cover it up, leave it in the boot or even stash it somewhere. If you're running around chasing terrorists, carrying a large object can get you killed. I thought even a rookie would know that. I know it was meant to be humorous but I don't think it was well orchestrated, it seemed to lack substance. Like they had an idea but didn't quite bring it to full realisation.

Quote :
I have heard some of you say there was no humour and names like Sledge Hammer or Police Academy. I don't think that is really fair. It's a different kind of humour, one that I like a lot more than Sledge Hammer, which I really, really hated (Police Academy is alright). But I guess it's not the kind of humour you two are in too, and that's alright. Everyone his own. I enjoyed the movie, though it's certainly not Jonny's best and I do prefer him more in other roles.

I brought in Tackleberry and Hammer for comparison because their characters, although very trigger happy, had other qualities, more characteristics so to say. I didn't warm up to Travolta's character. It was too flat. Not saying Sledge Hammer is a great programme. It can be funny at times, but not brilliant. My parents had ALL the Police Academy films on tapes as I was growing up. I've seen most of them a billion times. affraid lol! So, I cannot really be objective about them but they certainly made me laugh as a kid. Haven't watched them in years. Was overdosed as a child, LOL.

I get you and agree, different people laugh at different things. And that's a good thing. Very Happy I didn't like it but thankfully watching Jonny on screen made it worth my while. Very Happy I just had a feeling they didn't have enough time to make the movie and that that's why it seemed so flat.
I didn't dislike it because it was an action comedy. I love shallow humour. It takes intelligence to percieve the depth in shallow humour, sometimes. lol! Razz
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: From Paris With Love   From Paris With Love Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 5:51 pm

The full video of the making of From Paris With Love:

http://www.film1.nl/films/trailer.php?id=32646&tr_id=5089

Sorry, it seems to be very difficult to upload video's on this forum. Only you tube and daily motion seem to work. Don't want to put it up on you tube as I clearly do not own the rights to this video. Hope you enjoy it! I sure did.
Back to top Go down
trufa

trufa

PostSubject: Re: From Paris With Love   From Paris With Love Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:37 am

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad At the end I find this interview, where Canal + put all the make up into the faces of John Travoltta and Jonny........ For God sake!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

http://www.canalplus.fr/c-cinema/pid2959-c-emissions-cinema.html?vid=316710
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: From Paris With Love   From Paris With Love Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 5:09 pm

The vase From Paris with Love, uploaded by JRM0nline

Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: From Paris With Love   From Paris With Love Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 5:13 pm

A video of the premiere in France

Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: From Paris With Love   From Paris With Love Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:18 pm

I didn't get any bonus on my FPWL DVD, but this video is just so nice. The end is just so cute. Can't explain why it's cute, I just think it is.

Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: From Paris With Love   From Paris With Love Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:31 pm

O, the interviewer in this interview is just hilarious. And just in case you are wondering, it's a guy! I had this picture in my head of an incredibly gay guy, kinda like Graham Norton, if you know who he is. If you click on TheStephanHoltShow link below the video, you can find video where you can see what Stephan looks like. Jonny's reaction at the beginning is just lovely too.

Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: From Paris With Love   From Paris With Love Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:32 pm

From Paris With Love FPWL

From Paris With Love FPWLRussian

From Paris With Love FPWLPistolEiffeltower

From Paris With Love FPWLParisbackground
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: From Paris With Love   From Paris With Love Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:33 pm

From Paris With Love FPWLJonny

From Paris With Love FPWLJonnyandJohn

From Paris With Love FPWLJonnyandJohnonpistol

From Paris With Love FPWLincar

From Paris With Love FPWLAsian
Back to top Go down
Jellyfish

Jellyfish

PostSubject: Re: From Paris With Love   From Paris With Love Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 6:37 pm

From Paris With Love Tumblr_ln0vlpWMzv1qflan8o1_500
Back to top Go down
gaja

gaja

PostSubject: Re: From Paris With Love   From Paris With Love Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 5:15 pm

I saw the movie today for the second time I think it's an action comedy and JRM played very well from naive to full agent
Back to top Go down
capulet

capulet

PostSubject: Re: From Paris With Love   From Paris With Love Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:57 am

gaja wrote:
I saw the movie today for the second time I think it's an action comedy and JRM played very well from naive to full agent

I agree to you Gaja I saw the movie yesterday for the first time and okay the story is very thin and the fact that the different caracters are so quickly bonding like they are best friends but who cares if jonathan looking just so hot in this movie OMG What is he nice tongue
Back to top Go down
capulet

capulet

PostSubject: Re: From Paris With Love   From Paris With Love Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 7:24 am

From Paris With Love Paris_w_love_banner

From Paris With Love Paris_w_love_5

From Paris With Love Paris_w_love_3

From Paris With Love Paris_w_love_2_thumbnail

From Paris With Love Paris_w_love_1

From Paris With Love Paris_w_love_6_thumbnail

He's looking so hot........................drool.... tongue I love you
Back to top Go down
capulet

capulet

PostSubject: Re: From Paris With Love   From Paris With Love Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 4:11 pm

I forgot to say that I liked the movie just a easy to watch movie. And it is funny to see Jonathan running, jumping, going up in a crowded elevator,... with a vase that's open... and he's not spilling any contents lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: From Paris With Love   From Paris With Love Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 5:23 pm

Quote :
with a vase that's open... and he's not spilling any contents

He told an ancedote in one of the interviews he gave around that time that he had to run up stairs, like one of those fire escape stairs that are see-through, and he is freightened of heights, so wasn't particulary fond of doing the scene, but he ran up the stairs and dropped the vase. So he had to go all the way down again and scrape the washing-up powder (the coke) from the ground, thinking, o my god, now I have to go all the way up again. And John Travolta was already three floors up and Pierre Morel was just laughing.

I will see if I can find the interview and post that part of the interview here.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: From Paris With Love   From Paris With Love Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 5:37 pm

Here's the part of the interview I was talking about.

"It was physically OK, except I don't like heights," Rhys Meyers reveals, "I had to go up these steel stairs and I'm not a good hiker and I dropped the vase of cocaine going up the stairs. It was kind of funny. Pierre kind of liked it because I dropped the cocaine and I went, 'Oh, fuck, the coke!' in the middle of the shot. And I could hear Pierre laughing from three floors below and John still running, he's like three floors ahead of me. And then, we were like cut, and I was like, I got to go all the way back down."

"I'm scraping the coke in," he adds, "It was just awful. And of course, this vase, the physically was for me, I got a hold of this vase, which became a teddy bear. It's like his blankie. At one point, he's sitting in the car and it's just me and my vase. And I kind of felt sad when I had to drop it. It was my buddy for the movie and it was like, this is what protects me from the whole world is this vase of washing-up powder."

This is just what I like about Jonny. He is not afraid to show that he is only human and has fears as well. It is part of his natural honesty, I guess.
Back to top Go down
capulet

capulet

PostSubject: Re: From Paris With Love   From Paris With Love Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:12 pm

Audrey wrote:
Here's the part of the interview I was talking about.

"It was physically OK, except I don't like heights," Rhys Meyers reveals, "I had to go up these steel stairs and I'm not a good hiker and I dropped the vase of cocaine going up the stairs. It was kind of funny. Pierre kind of liked it because I dropped the cocaine and I went, 'Oh, fuck, the coke!' in the middle of the shot. And I could hear Pierre laughing from three floors below and John still running, he's like three floors ahead of me. And then, we were like cut, and I was like, I got to go all the way back down."

"I'm scraping the coke in," he adds, "It was just awful. And of course, this vase, the physically was for me, I got a hold of this vase, which became a teddy bear. It's like his blankie. At one point, he's sitting in the car and it's just me and my vase. And I kind of felt sad when I had to drop it. It was my buddy for the movie and it was like, this is what protects me from the whole world is this vase of washing-up powder."

This is just what I like about Jonny. He is not afraid to show that he is only human and has fears as well. It is part of his natural honesty, I guess.

Lovely interview!!! very funny specially the part" Ï'm....powder" funny lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: From Paris With Love   From Paris With Love Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:36 pm

The rest of the interview is in the thread written interviews in the interviews section, if you are interested.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: From Paris With Love   From Paris With Love Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 6:18 pm

I think this photo was screencapped from television, but it is a nice on set photo.

From Paris With Love JonnymetblikjecolaFPWL
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: From Paris With Love   From Paris With Love Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 2:15 pm

Thanks to Ana at JRMfansite.org message board for posting this video. It's lovely.

Back to top Go down
Editha171071

Editha171071

PostSubject: Re: From Paris With Love   From Paris With Love Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 2:36 pm

This movie is so brillant Jonathan ans John Travolta are a good team in this movie.
My favorite scene is at the airport and when the agency found the bugs and the cameras and
John Travolta says i hope your are good in bed when this come on Youtube.LOL !! Laughing lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/editha.herrmann
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From Paris With Love   From Paris With Love Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

From Paris With Love
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next