JRM curious
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all things Jonathan Rhys Meyers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jonny in the media

Go down 
+5
gaja
Shanti
Jellyfish
cyborgkitty
Audrey
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Audrey

Audrey

Jonny in the media Empty
PostSubject: Jonny in the media   Jonny in the media Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 3:36 pm

Article in French about Jonny. If you have trouble understanding, just use Google translate. It's not perfect, by no means even, but it works. Enjoy!

http://www.marieclaire.fr/,jonathan-rhys-meyers-acteur-sulfureux,20263,458755.asp
Back to top Go down
cyborgkitty

cyborgkitty

Jonny in the media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny in the media   Jonny in the media Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 5:01 pm

"Front: tortured. "I suffered, not only during my childhood. Obtained for each role I wiped miles refusal. It's terrible to be told: "We do not want you. This is not personal. "If it's personal! And it hurts. "

It's a wee bit hard to make out this article:
Does this mean he's been trying out for roles and he gets a response with "We don't want you"? (whimpers)
Back to top Go down
Jellyfish

Jellyfish

Jonny in the media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny in the media   Jonny in the media Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 5:57 pm

It seems to me that he wanted to say that he was denied many times and people have told him all over again that it is nothing personal but they don't want him. And it was so hard for him, you know, to be rejected all the time. He wanted to say too that overnight succes doesn't exist. I think that he's that kind of person that accepts very tragicaly every failure in life, very impulsive and sensitive.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

Jonny in the media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny in the media   Jonny in the media Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 8:32 pm

cyborgkitty wrote:
"Front: tortured. "I suffered, not only during my childhood. Obtained for each role I wiped miles refusal. It's terrible to be told: "We do not want you. This is not personal. "If it's personal! And it hurts. "

It's a wee bit hard to make out this article:
Does this mean he's been trying out for roles and he gets a response with "We don't want you"? (whimpers)

Google translate always makes me laugh! I'll see if I can translate the article and post it here. I will warn you all though, my French is more then rustic! And i don't know when i will have time to do it.

Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Jonny in the media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny in the media   Jonny in the media Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 3:31 am

I read this news on Irish Central. Maybe Jonny has gone to Waterford, (not confirmed) for this event?

"May 1-13 2012
Waterford International Music Festival
The Waterford International Music Festival is a celebration of what's best about music, from popular musicals to soulful gospel and alternative sounds. Formerly known as the Waterford International Light Opera Festival.

http://www.irishcentral.com/ent/Whats-on-in-Ireland-for-May-2012---a-round-up-of-the-top-events-happening-around-the-country-149632315.html

Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

Jonny in the media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny in the media   Jonny in the media Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 8:05 pm

I don't know, but there is at least a lot to do in Ireland this month. If I ever go to Ireland for holidays I might have to think about going in May. Lots of things to do and is there a better way to get to know a country then through it's festivals?
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Jonny in the media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny in the media   Jonny in the media Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 2:45 am

I share this because Jonny is named here. Google the name of the band, Def Leppard. They are really good. Surprised Surprised Surprised

Rock on as Paige to tie knot again

By Barry Egan
Sunday Dec 11 2011

POUR some sugar on the bride? Well, at least on the wedding cake any way. Def Leppard's Rick Savage is going to get remarried to his lovely wife Paige Hannon next year. When I say remarried... they are actually going to renew their vows with a giant wedding bash for 300 people at the Westbury Hotel in Dublin next October.

It will be at the end of Def Leppard's world tour. So there will be extra incentive for Rick and Joe Elliott to let their bleached blond hair down that night. "I think I'll wear white this time, as I wore black the last time," Paige told me referring to her wedding at Sheffield Town Hall in September, 2004, followed by dinner at the Blue Room Brasserie in Woodseats. "I was promised when we got married we could have a party in Dublin but it never happened. I said to Rick: 'Now it's time for the party that you owe me.'"

Paige (who was born in London but lived in Dublin for 21 years before moving to England with Rick and their two kids) tells me she is going to start drawing up the guest list in January with the help of Maria Fusco. "I'll try and get Jonathan Rhys Meyers to come because he loves the band."

Paige added that her two bridesmaids will be her VBFs Emma English and Rosie Boyle. "Emma and Rosie and myself are going to meet in Dublin after Christmas, with wedding books, and go though what we think will be the nicest," she told me, adding that the celebrated photographer Barry McCall will take the pictures on the day and that her agent John Compton will give her away. "It is going to be a great night." That has to be the understatement of the year.

- Barry Egan. Post in Independent.ie

Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

Jonny in the media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny in the media   Jonny in the media Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 1:30 pm

So funny, wonder if he will go to the wedding. And if he is really going to be invited, you never know with the media.
Back to top Go down
gaja

gaja

Jonny in the media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny in the media   Jonny in the media Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 2:24 pm

maybe that's the wedding where Jayjay was talking about
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

Jonny in the media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny in the media   Jonny in the media Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 4:39 pm

The article says that the wedding is going to be in October. So not the wedding Jayjay was talking about.
Back to top Go down
gaja

gaja

Jonny in the media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny in the media   Jonny in the media Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:04 pm

I'm curious what wedding he's going to Smile
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

Jonny in the media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny in the media   Jonny in the media Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 5:32 pm

gaja wrote:
I'm curious what wedding he's going to Smile

Me too, but I guess, it's none of our business though. I am also curious if his brother Paul (Pablo) has arrived already and what they are doing during his stay. Would they be playing golf all the time, make walks in the countryside, go horseback riding? Or just something that I can't even think of? Just curious and letting my imagination run. It's just fun.
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Jonny in the media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny in the media   Jonny in the media Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:13 am

This appeared in the printed version of the Irish Examiner Tuesday, May 15, 2012

‘Irish Examiner’ fashionista among style stars

By Evelyn Ring

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Irish Examiner fashion columnist Annmarie O’Connor is up there with Ireland’s top 20 Style Stars.

RTÉ rounded up a varied bunch of well-known faces — stylists, journalists, actors, and designers — for their revamped online fashion gallery.

"It’s so lovely to be included in RTÉ.ie’s Style Stars, especially alongside such big names like Amy Huberman and Colin Farrell," said Ms O’Connor.

Ms O’Connor, who has been writing fashion columns for the Irish Examiner for four years, is pictured in the gallery attending a fashion event last Christmas. RTÉ journalist Sarah McIntyre, who chose the picture, describes Ms O’Connor as "always impeccably dressed".

Also included is actress Saoirse Ronan in a knife- pleated cream dress. She is lauded for her "red carpet" style.

Imelda May, who is pregnant with her first child, is also featured, sans bump. The singer was recently pictured five months pregnant in a tight, leopard print dress as she prepared to take the stage.

Cork-born actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers is also on McIntyre’s top 20 style stars for being able to wear a very low V-neck T-shirt like no other man.

Actress Amy Huberman was chosen for her decidedly feminine outfits that perfectly compliment her petite frame.

And, asked Ms McIntyre, how could they leave
out Colin Farrell wearing a simple black suit? "Whether dressed up or down, he always looks great," she said.

Designer Simone Rocha is also featured for making a big name for herself in the fashion industry with her masculine edged clothing.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/irish-examiner-fashionista-among-style-stars-193900.html

What is said about Jonny, is totally and absolutely true. king king king

Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Jonny in the media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny in the media   Jonny in the media Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:54 am

From Popstar.com written by Julia Bonadona on May 14, 2012

This is an actor who takes us back in time and reminds us of Richard Burton, Richard Harris and Peter O'toole. He would have fit right in with these "bad boys."
A complicated man. Vocalist? Actor? Model? Yes,and more. Truly an original, Jonathan Rhys Meyers is one of Ireland's "bad boys." He has a haunting quality that draws forth the loneliness in people and captures the heart.

I extracted the new. The rest is the biography of Jonny we all know. Here is the link. Smile

http://www.popstar.com/Celebrity/Jonathan+Rhys+Meyers/Biography/1
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

Jonny in the media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny in the media   Jonny in the media Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 7:22 pm

Shanti wrote:
From Popstar.com written by Julia Bonadona on May 14, 2012

This is an actor who takes us back in time and reminds us of Richard Burton, Richard Harris and Peter O'toole. He would have fit right in with these "bad boys."
A complicated man. Vocalist? Actor? Model? Yes,and more. Truly an original, Jonathan Rhys Meyers is one of Ireland's "bad boys." He has a haunting quality that draws forth the loneliness in people and captures the heart.

I extracted the new. The rest is the biography of Jonny we all know. Here is the link. Smile

http://www.popstar.com/Celebrity/Jonathan+Rhys+Meyers/Biography/1

Lovely thing that is said about our Jonny.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

Jonny in the media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny in the media   Jonny in the media Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 6:02 pm

Shinan: A king, a count and Jonathan Rhys Meyers’ wardrobe

Shinan Govani | Oct 13, 2012 8:00 AM ET
More from Shinan Govani | @shinangovani

Florian Schneider/ShowtimeWhen he was king, Jonathan Rhys Meyers didn't have to worry about things as common as undergarments. These days, the actor can be found perusing undies in a Toronto Gap store.

Spotted: King Henry VIII. At Gap. Because, well, even former monarchs need undergarments replenished — as, evidently, was the case when Jonathan Rhys Meyers was spotted briefs-shopping here inside a certain basics cathedral at Bay and Bloor, earlier this week. Yup, definitely him: The Irish actor who worked his buttocks playing a horny, swashbuckling, full-lipped king, in sharp contrast — but, oh, who cares? — to more familiar portraits of a fat, gouty Henry.

But we move on. Rhys Meyers certainly has. After putting Showtime’s The Tudors to bed some time ago, the Irish stud, facing certain demons in his personal life, went relatively undercover. But back to work now, it seems. To Toronto these days to shoot Mortal Instruments, a movie in which he has a villainous part, and which has had him enjoying the city while off-duty. The Drake Hotel, last Saturday night, for instance. Imbibing on fresh sushi at its raw bar, indeed!

Related
Shinan: Lord Piers Wedgwood’s survival of the dishes
Shinan: Bush twins and Martin Sheen elect to attend T.O. fundraiser
Yet the biting that has many even more intrigued is the actor’s anticipated foray back to TV — in the role of Dracula. It was a matter of time, wasn’t it? The dude who played Henry VIII and, once, let’s not forget, also Elvis, is lined up now to play the Count in an NBC series set to shooting rather soon. It’s a fresh spin on the age-old story, we take it. The deal, according to the trades: “This new take on Dracula has the Count posing as a U.S. entrepreneur in Victorian London whilst planning to avenge past wrongs.”

And do remember what your mom always told you: You can’t very well avenge past wrongs without clean underwear.
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

Jonny in the media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny in the media   Jonny in the media Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 9:39 pm

Two articles related to this weekend.

This one only has a mention of Jonny in the end.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mandrake/9670514/Kevin-Spacey-impersonates-Bill-Clinton.html

And some speculation whether Victoria and Jonny are an item.
http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/has-jonathan-rhys-meyers-found-new-love-with-an-australian-model-3291425.html
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

Jonny in the media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny in the media   Jonny in the media Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 9:41 pm

Helen posted this on the JRM fansite forum. She wrote that so eone send it to her. It is apparently what Jonny answered on a question about June last year.

I for one don't believe this, but wanted to post anyway and see what you all think. To me it seems like a fan tried to 'clear' things up.

The English is weird, but that is because Helen translated it from Russian.

This is the text:

Life has never considered me as its favourite answered Jonathan. I grew up in bad company and because of that we sometimes get up and often feel like complete shit. Then I became addicted to drink. Once I wasn’t even allowed to board a plane because I went three sheets to the wind

Why did you do that? Wanted to feel even more of a bad guy?
No. A couple of hours before landing I was informed that my mother had died (heavy sigh) Although sometimes I did just want to go down to the bottom. After we add to this drug - I will not say what they are, I've been tied up with this stupidity, so now even disgusting to remember. Yes and I also firmly believe that the less chatter about these pieces, the better. More than anything, I’m afraid of young people who see me as their idol will repeat after me

It was hard to throw?
Of course. I had to go through so much. I thought at times that I could not get out. Motivation was the fact that after one of my binges, when I felt so bad that I had to be urgently taken to hospital, the newspaper who didn't understand what was happening began to write as if I wanted to commit suicide. It’s nonsense! You won’t believe it but whatever may be, I love life and would never have done. But after the incident I realised, its time.

What even at the premiere ‘Valentine’ does not drink?
Yes what there! We had a busy schedule, we did not before. Maybe in her glass of champagne and a minute there, but just not me.

By the way, Jonathan, how do you behave with our Vodianova? To care for her at all parties as if you're really lovers?

What is impossible? She's a beautiful woman! I admired her long before we had a chance to act together. And, frankly, I like the female attention, I love women. I think the happiness of making them happy and, I think it’s my business to love life as I got better after I quit drinking. I feel like a real ladies' man. It's a pity that I could not stay longer in Moscow - there are so many girls, worthy of my attention, seriously!
Back to top Go down
gaja

gaja

Jonny in the media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny in the media   Jonny in the media Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 9:35 am

JRM becomes a player Very Happy Smile Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
trufa

trufa

Jonny in the media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny in the media   Jonny in the media Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 11:06 am

Also for me is strange this "interview" and more if we don´t know the source. I think that this is in some magazine or paper we know some weeks ago probably. We know that in other interviews Jonny talked about his problems with alcohol but yes... to me is different this time. I think that these words aren´t real.
Back to top Go down
gaja

gaja

Jonny in the media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny in the media   Jonny in the media Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 6:11 pm

why should it not be real .who knows he did drugs and maybe he finds himself a real ladies' man . we do not know we know only what we read in the media . and private life is we do not know
Back to top Go down
Jellyfish

Jellyfish

Jonny in the media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny in the media   Jonny in the media Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 7:36 pm

Maybe this interview is true, maybe not who knows. With this man I expect unexpected. Rolling Eyes About his player ways... Laughing I'll call it middle age crisis. Laughing Wink
On the other hand I highly doubt he spoke about last year. Interviews and stuff with celebrities are not spontaneus most of the time. They are familiar with the questions and have their own "no-no" question list, a list of things they don't wanna talk about. But who knows, his own experiance may be useful for others with the same problem. Like if he made it I could make it too. I don't know...
Back to top Go down
trufa

trufa

Jonny in the media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny in the media   Jonny in the media Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 7:44 pm

For me the most importtn thing is the source. I visit jrmfansite board and I see the post of Helen and she don´t answer the source of this interview and isn´t in other Jonny´s page.
Not is unreal for the things that Jonny said: we know that he ´d problems with alcohol and if now he feel that he can go out with one girl, other girl, other girl.......... ( hey Jonny call me please.. my number is.. 68......)ok fantastic, he can do the things tht like it with his life of course! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

In other hand I think that isn´t good to be sincere in some things... because at the end some people use this to attack you so.. better if you don´t say many details... Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

Jonny in the media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny in the media   Jonny in the media Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 8:28 pm

It's not that I don't think Jonny couldn't be enjoying his bachelor status after a long relationship and his problems or that he couldn't have done drugs, it's just the words that he used that seem strange to me. His speech just seems to loose, to unthoughtful, not thought through.

And like Trufa said, where is the source? I know it's Russia, and not many can read Russian, so it could take a while to be noticed, but if Jonny really said something about last year, I believe there would be a lot of media picking up on it, as that would be something major.
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Jonny in the media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny in the media   Jonny in the media Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 4:43 am

I hesitate to post a comment on this, but perhaps in the translation from Russian to English, something was lost. I don't know Jonny, like everyone here, but based on previous interviews, it is not his way of speaking. This is what I think, does not mean it's true. sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jonny in the media Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jonny in the media   Jonny in the media Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jonny in the media
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next