JRM curious
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all things Jonathan Rhys Meyers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jonathan as Dreyfus in Roman Polanki movie!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Editha171071

Editha171071

Jonathan as Dreyfus in Roman Polanki movie! Empty
PostSubject: Jonathan as Dreyfus in Roman Polanki movie!   Jonathan as Dreyfus in Roman Polanki movie! Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 3:26 pm

Polanski’s next film delves into1894 Dreyfus spy scandal

ostumes, courtrooms, and coverups? Yes, please. THR reports Roman Polanski’s next project will be a political thriller called D, based on the infamous 19th Century Dreyfus Affair that sent shockwaves through fin de siècle France.
Alfred Dreyfus was 35 years old when he was convicted of treason. Zachary Quinto is 35 years old. So are Cillian Murphy, Daniel Brühl and Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Paul Bettany is 41. Just sayin. (oh, jingoistic purists? Vincent Cassel is 40-something but I could accept that.)

D reunites Polanski The Ghost Writer screenwriter Robert Harris and producers Robert Benmussa and Alain Sarde… Polanski intends to begin shooting in Paris by the end of this year. Casting is currently underway.
The Dreyfus Affair is considered on the most sensational political scandals in history, as well as a miscarriage of justice. In December 1894, Captain Alfred Dreyfus — one of the few Jewish officers on teh general staff of the French Army, was subjected to a secret court marital after being accused of passing secrets to the German.

Polanski is always at his best when he pokes at historical wounds.

Dreyfus also was sentenced to life imprisonment and sent to Devil’s Island. However, Colonel Georges Picquart gradually begin to realize a huge mistake had been made and that the real traitor was still at large. His efforts to prove his theory led him into a direct clash with his superiors, and he himself was eventually framed for crimes he did not commit. Dreyfus was eventally cleared of all charges, but it took 12 years.
“I have long wanted to make a film about the Dreyfus Affair, treating it not as a costume drama but as a spy story,” Polanski said in announcing the project.
“In this way one can show its absolute relevance to what is happening in today’s world – the age-old spectacle of the witch-hunt or a minority group, security paranoia, secret military tribunals, out-of-countrol intelligence agencies, governmental cover ups, and a rabid press,” he continued.

Read it here:

http://www.awardsdaily.com/2012/05/polanskis-next-film-delves-into1854-dreyfus-spy-scandal/
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/editha.herrmann
gaja

gaja

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan as Dreyfus in Roman Polanki movie!   Jonathan as Dreyfus in Roman Polanki movie! Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 5:34 pm

I should perhaps not say . but that role is the same thing that he has often done I think he can do more .I get it when he takes on that role but I would like to see him in another role
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan as Dreyfus in Roman Polanki movie!   Jonathan as Dreyfus in Roman Polanki movie! Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 7:17 pm

You could be right, but it depends on the character of Dreyfus. I don't know the affair enough nor the person Dreyfus. But it does sound like another role of a tortured, founded person. That's not bad, though, but it would be nice to see him in something else again, something sweeter and lighter.
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan as Dreyfus in Roman Polanki movie!   Jonathan as Dreyfus in Roman Polanki movie! Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 4:34 am

This role is very tough and demanding. No doubt that Jonny can do it. Anyway, it's very good his name is mentioned for a new movie project, again. Something important will come out, and I want to believe that. Above all, for him. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Audrey

Audrey

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan as Dreyfus in Roman Polanki movie!   Jonathan as Dreyfus in Roman Polanki movie! Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 6:51 am

Thinking about things, I think an actor can better be asked for dark and/or demanding roles than lighter, more comedian roles. The more demanding roles are more often considered for awards. So it isn't bad if Jonny does this very demanding roles. It gives more change for awards and with an award or award nomination it is easier to get other roles again.

So, yes, in some way I would very much like for Jonny to play something lighter, but I love these demanding, darker roles as well. It proves his quality.

And with regard to this new Polanski project: it is a great project, not to mention that Polanski is a great director. If Jonny is considered, and he is available (ready to work again) I think he will do it because of Polanski.

Last edited by Audrey on Fri May 11, 2012 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made Polanski an actor in stead of director. Oops.)
Back to top Go down
cyborgkitty

cyborgkitty

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan as Dreyfus in Roman Polanki movie!   Jonathan as Dreyfus in Roman Polanki movie! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 4:25 pm

I like the dark and demanding roles too :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan as Dreyfus in Roman Polanki movie!   Jonathan as Dreyfus in Roman Polanki movie! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jonathan as Dreyfus in Roman Polanki movie!
Page 1 of 1